05 October 2010

Bridge To My Happiness

I actually have no pictures from Sunday! I guess I needed a break. We had a great sabbath and went to the hi-line park that has opened since we left New York. It was a great space and I couldn't believe how many people were there. Only NYC. In the words of Mala Buns: NYC you did it again!!!


Monday morning was gorgeous outside. We actually let Max sleep in to like 11am because he needed an official break from vacation, which is fair. For lunch Caitlin and I split to eat with different peeps. I made my way through Washington Square Park.





You Would. Watch for more on that phrase later.


I finally arrived at my destination in the West Village, Baoguette. There I dined with The Butler and Brig. We discussed all that is praiseworthy and of good report over lamb chop sandwiches.


And wholesome water (well, I had a Boylans black cherry soda). Jeff and later walked up to Chelsea to find Caitlin and had great conversation along the way. He is a man of much thought and fortitude.


Caitlin, Max and I went down to visit some of our most beloved places in NYC, starting with the. Brooklyn Bridge.



Caitlin and I ran or walked this bridge nearly a hundred times in our dating or married life. She always looks extra beautiful to me in it's shadows.


New addition to the bridge? Baby Boy!





The Brooklyn side of the bridge appears to be undergoing some surgery.


Under the bridge we went and got soda at Peas & Pickles, my favorite place to buy a soda at 2am and then just sit and talk. By choice man, by choice.





The views are amazing. They have built an entirely new park down in Dumbo that is a huge addition to the area. Tons of trees, grass, and places to eat/relax/breath.


And sleep. Hims gets tired.


We walked up through Brooklyn Heights by where we used to live and visited Sahadis! Oh I miss these bickered candies. Mint chocolate malt balls and dark chocolate covered pretzel balls. Insane. $3 a pound.


Then dinner at the most fantastic Thai place in my world - Joya. Stephen joined us for dinner and again, conversation was welcomed and good.


Blue Marble for ice cream. I am not sure how I didn't get any pictures of us eating ice cream....I guess I was eating it.


Stephen read Max a story while Max played with all the toys at the shop.


Me? I awaited for my deliciousness to arrive.


Caitlin went back to tracys to put max to sleep and stephen and I had bonding time. We went up to Prospect Park to walk off our food consumption, which was mighty and respectable. He used to live right by this boat house. It has majesty at night.


As does this bridge.


If we find a good location, we take the time to set up awesome pics. Love the lighting in this place with the blown out light source but steady filler light from the building.


See what I mean? Awesome. Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta bond.


We ended our walk at Grand Army Plaza. It was nice to spend some time with Stephen...we just don't get to bond like we used to when we were roommates, and I know I miss it. The whole trip provided much need Feef time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love having Jeff, Caitlin and Max in NYC with me. -Feef