18 January 2010

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Okay, it is sharing time on Side of Mulcock. For those of you who have been my friend for a long time, then you know all about geen. For those of you who are new to my life in the last few years, you may not be familiar with geen.

Well, let's put it out on the table. Geen was my security blanket. It was made by my Grandma Jo (my mom's mom) and was called geen by me because it was green in color and I just skipped the R. It had little corners sewn in all around the blanket and it brought me lots of comfort. When I was sad as a little boy, I would stand in front of my mom with geen and that meant I wanted her to wrap me up and hold me.

Geen didn't go away. I kept geen around through my whole life. Growing up, Stephoin liked to take my blanket and cut it up, get it wet and then put it in the freezer, bury it, etc. It eventually became a gigantic rope tied together from pieces of geen shreds. It partied with me at college, NYC, etc until Caitlin and I got married. I put geen in a box and there is where it stays.

Well, Gram Pam has made her own version of geen for Max and gave it to him while she was in town before she left. Let's see...did he like it?
Uh, what do you think?

Yeah, Max likes geen two. A lot. Thanks mom.

5 comments:

Sparklebot said...

I remember when I first met Geen 1. It was shocking.

Geen 2 looks pretty comforting though. I think Max is lucky to have it.

Jana said...

I so thought you gave Geen 1 to Max when I first read the title. Nice job on the new Geen, Pam.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Jana - would I really expose my son to the disease rag? Maybe...but Geen two is much better for his health.

Pamsky said...

Actually, I put the boxed up geen in a large storage trunk at my house. It possibly should only be handled by a Toxic Team. My question is "Will you stop the car and back up on the freeway if Max's geen flies out the window? Will you let him take it to school and dress it up in pants, shirt, and a hat for show and tell?

Side of Jeffrey said...

Yes mom, I will.