22 January 2010

Alaska? Nopers...

One of my favorite things about Lake Michigan is how it and its beaches morph into an Alaskan wasteland the second it drops below freezing (which it pretty much does for four months). The cold water splashing up against the beach and snowfall ensures the ice quickly forms into mountains and spikes of ice shards all over the beach. It forms the most awesome landscape for photographing shiz - so I escaped from Max for a half hour one day and walked a block to the water (ice?) for some camera practice. The strong contrast of white and blue make it a little tough to bring out color or definition, but I think I got a few good pictures.

6 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Lovely. Your new camera is awesome.

Pamsky said...

Such an amazing camera. I am getting cold just looking at these pics.

Ottava Studios said...

Wow, these are wonderful photos!

Scott said...

The pictures are very cool, but you're doing the thing where we don't get to click to enlarge them. Arrrgh!

Pamsky said...

I agree. Stop doing the thing where the pictures stay little.

Side of Jeffrey said...

listen people, not sure why the pictures stay small. I have had pictures that enlarged, but sometimes they dont. Who knows.