21 May 2012

Guess Who's Here!!!!

I'll give you a hint: she goes by the name of Dama and she loves da keeeeds. That's right, it's my mom!


Dama swooped in from Idaho to save us from the craziness for 10 days of assisted glory. She is wise with children and scooped them up into her care the second she got there. It definitely helped that Clarkie, Sam and Max's cousin, was born only a few weeks before Sam...so she has been getting a lot of infant practice as of late.


Speaking of infant...Samn!


This trip has not been about going downtown and exploring Chicago. It has mostly been about surviving. This often develops into precious time watching a show and eating snacks. Sometimes it means bath time. Most often it has resulted in Dama carting Max down to the beach for a few hours.


One of the best things was that Dama was here on Mother's Day! I decided to make the second meal of my married life (don't judge me) and cook a polenta bouillabaisse with mojo chicken. Yes I followed a cookbook and yes it was scary and hard - but I did it! Maybe my mom helped a bit. (again, don't judge until you have walked in my shoes)


Mmm, I think it turned out awesome.


Pam agreed, though now that I am looking at it I don't think there was any food on that fork.


And then it was back to spending time with Max or Sam, who ever needs it the most at any given moment. This is a cute picture of Sam engulfing on one of his favorite activities...pulling Caitlin's hair while suckin on a fat binks. Who could blame him?

We still got Dama for one more day and we intend to take full advantage! Hooray for visitors!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Sammers is CUTE. What a good Dama.