14 October 2008

I Have Met My Match

The place: The house of doom.

The date: Last Saturday

The reason: To fully comprehend how much Caitlin's boss, who I will refer to as "Goretastic" from this point on, loves Halloween

If you haven't noticed yet on our blog, Goretastic loves Halloween...but I needed to know how much. Fortunately, she invited us down to her house for dinner last Saturday. She has three dogs...all of which were dressed up. If you can't tell, that is a headless horseman on the dog's back.
The dogs walk around like they are forced to wear costumes all the time...and I believe that they really are.
Goretastic and husband (who is equally in love with Halloween) have spent the last 19 years collecting Halloween decorations and gory collectible items. Although I have only taken a few pictures, I cannot begin to describe to you how every single inch of there house is decorated with Halloween items. FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. I was in pure aesthetic heaven. Above, jarred heads and eyeballs.
These are actual paintings that hang in the house...potentially year round.

Who of you doesn't have a talking gypsy head in a crystal ball in your house?
After a scrumptious dinner of pizza and salad, we went out back to make s'mores in one of their fire pits. Above is Goretastic pictured with her son, Pimpalicious; coworker, Chill; and coworker's son, Chill Jr.
Pimpalicious has no problems with his parents' crazy Halloween love. In fact, I believe he had spent the entire day preparing outside yard decorations for their annual Halloween party. What a good sport.
That said, let us discuss the outside of the house. Goretastic has 2 1/2 acres on which she can spread bloody mayhem. Each year they have a huge Halloween party where they take people on a tractor ride through a tour of death and ghoulishness. Below are just a very, very small portion of the many awesome things included on the tour. During the party, there are human elements as well to help scare the children.


This blow-up man is anatomically correct, so they put on some pants and stabbed him to death.


I hate when this happens.

They also had a "Hall of Heads" with like 40 heads.

Michael Jackson was there.
So was George W. Bush...unfortunately he had an accident.

This one is a personal favorite.
Goretastic and I were attacked by bats as we went through the tour. We escaped...barely.
A well of body parts.
Alien operations are no stranger to their home.
And a Frankenstein that urinates into their pond.
When I say that this is just the tip of the iceberg, I am not kidding. There were so many amazing things that my camera couldn't capture adequately in the dark. Goretastic seriously puts her money where her mouth is when it comes to being a Halloween maniac. We watched some of my horror movies and had a fantastic night. I am psyched for the big bash in a few weeks! Expect a full report in November.

3 comments:

Southwick Family said...

Amazing! It sounds like this job was a match made in heaven... wait, or is it the other place?!? Those are amazing. I think my kids would be too scared to come home if I had just one of those items.

Erik, Wendy Lily and Jake Thomsen said...

Goretastic is an understatment! WOW cous I love Halloween but I am afraid the pics from my party will have more glitter than gore! (after al I only have 4 year olds coming)
Love
Wendy

Anonymous said...

eeeeexcellent. i drool with envy.