07 April 2012

Easter Eve

Max is 2. And two is the year in which you really start to get it. Included in getting it is understanding the fun of holidays. While he doesn't quite get the atonement or resurrection, he does understand getting treats and looking for eggs. So we spent Saturday focusing on some of that.


It started with dying eggs! We quickly learned that I had to help keep Max's hands from touching and tipping over the dye.


He was pretty amped once he realized the eggs would turn colors.


Amazing!!!


Mom! Dad! This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my short two years of LIFE!!!


Mama, Max, Dads, and Sam eggs.


Look want I did! I love Easter!


Funny face! I am simply elated.


Later that afternoon we went to church for a big Easter egg hunt. Max made himself a baby chick craft.


He had brought his froggy Easter basket to collect as many eggs as possible. I had coached him to swing elbows as much as possible to get to more eggs than the other kids. "max, the other kids can't find eggs if their eye are filled with tears...". I'm a good dad.


Ready, set, FIND THOSE EGGS!


And the race was on. You can see how hardcore Max is about finding those eggs. I on the prize.


YES I GOT AN EGG!!!! (I love this picture)


More success.


Cruising as fast as he can to fill that basket. He didn't need much coaching once he got going.


The occasional lift to get the high eggs.


Precious Alpha, also present and searching.


No question, Max hooked up.


The booty.


The booty in his mouth.


Amazing friend William eyes Max's booty.


Thank you Easter for rocking our worlds! What an amazing day and it isn't even Easter yet!

Happy Easter everyone!

4 comments:

Kelli Ward said...

i love his excitement. and thanks for the alpha shout out. you are always great to take pics of my child. sorry im such a slacker.

Pamsky said...

Love seeing him so happy about his hunt. Happy Easter Maxers. Dama loves you.

Jenna said...

love the picture of Max bending over with his pants hanging down. Such a great shot! He is so grown up! So fun to see William in the mix too. Happy Easter Mulcocks!

Heather said...

I totally agree that 2 is when they start to get holidays. So fun! And Max just gets cuter and cuter!