31 March 2011

The Chronicles of Landon Wicked Awesome

Maybe this isn't your type of thing, but maybe this is. My good friend Patrick (you have seen him on previous Chicago posts) wrote a young adult fiction novel. Me having approximately 0.43% skill in writing more than a thousand words, I couldn't believe he was taking this on. I will also be honest...I was skeptical. Not because he isn't creative or a great writer cause he is. No, I was skeptical because I have never known an author and the job sounds too daunting to me.

But he did it. What's more, I read it. The entire book. I loved it...and that is saying a lot because it is young adult fiction and I don't like that genre much. I haven't even read Harry Potter. But this was a great book with real human emotion being the driver for the fantastic things that happen on each page. It's called The Chronicles of Landon Wicker: the Search for Artemis.

Well, getting published is another story. Patrick entered it into the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Competition and has progressed to the final rounds. I think he gets bonus points for getting people to review the book on Amazon. The first chapter is available to read for free online at http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-Landon-Wicker-Artemis-ebook/dp/B004TEYRGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1301597443&sr=8-1

If you like to read check it out and then give him a strong review on Amazon. I have to hand it to him...Patrick wrote a real book. Wow.


No comments: