07 March 2011

Orlando - First Half

While you would think that Mala and Bek's vacation was all about me, me and me...it really wasn't. It was about Mala too. More specifically, Mala's birthday. She is turning 30 so very, very soon and wanted to go all out. Many women would go to Vegas to engage in smutty endeavors or expect some expensive gift. But Mala just wanted to find some thrills...in the magical far-off land called Orlando.

So we packed up our bag in a newly rented vehicle of choice (a Chevy) and drove our buts up there. We had candies of all kinds, including vanilla Tootsie Rolls...which Bek is in LOVE with. Yes, she loves all things white. She despises brown.

Bek and Mala were going to go to Blizzard Beach on Saturday in Disney World - but the park was closed. Denied! So they got dropped off at Hollywood Disney while Caitlin and I went to the temple. I wish I knew more about their experiences, what the talked about, etc...but what happens in Disney stays in Disney. I can't ask them to break that code.
But Max and I had a super, duper good time at the temple while his mom was inside getting all spiritual and such. He slept in my arms for a good hour and a half, so you can say it was a pretty heavenly experience for him as well.
Mama also took the kid while I went inside. Its called taking turns...its what we do. Then we went to dinner with Caitlin's awesome cousin who lives in Daytona and had ourselves some laughs. Then it was time to pick up Mals and Bek for a night in our hotel. We stayed at the Double Tree. Did you know you get free warm cookies there? Wow. Worth it.

The next day the verdict was out. What park would we all go to together? What would bring us the greatest joy and highest level of thrills?
Universal Studios Florida - that's what!!! We started in Dr. Seuss land and observed all the pot-smoking inspired stuff.
This section of the park almost threw Mals into a cocaine induced hysteria.
Then there was a part of the park where rocks puke water. I'm not sure what theme that was. Maybe the "stomach flu" themed section? What will Universal Studios think of next?
I'll tell you what - Harry Potter Land! You've seen the commercials - now experience the real thing! I will say it was pretty impressive when you walk in. The energy of this new section was palpable and every where you look something is awesome.
This is the perfect image of what Max was like the entire day - a complete sweetie pie. Because of my arm I could not go on any of the rides. So I designated myself as the permanent baby sitter of Max while the girls went crazy on all the thrill rides. This is one of the best days I have ever had. Max and I had so much fun playing together and exploring the park. I think its crazy that I could be in a place that normally I would be going crazy in trying to get on any ride but that now I really didn't care that much cause I had the kid. Love the kid. Who cares about rides? Okay, I kind of cared and got a bit jealous...but not that bad. The girls gave two enthusiastic thumbs up to the Harry Potter rides.
We had to go back through Dr. Seuss Land to get to our next destination. Mala can get a bit distracted when she walks through this place. Its like her dreams and her nightmares collided and the carnage formed Dr. Seuss Land.
You know what else is distracting? Cute kids that look like a smaller version of the Colombian kid on Modern Family getting their face painted like a doggy. It stopped us all in our tracks.
And then we were at Comic Book Land! HOLY CRAP!!!! WHOAAAAAAA!!!!!!
The girls killed it on Spider Man and the Hulk roller coaster. It blew their minds and messed up their hair.
Lunch was a vegetable pizza and Caesar salad. Why not? We wanted to save the calories for more important things.
You'd think we were in Crazy Circus Land with all this jugglin! Nope...just The Mala Show, every hour on the hour.
Remember how I mentioned saving calories - well, here is where we spent them. Dippin' Dots! Oreo and Banana Split. Can I confess something? This was my first time ever eating Dippin' Dots. I can see the appeal. But let me pop your ignorant bubble...that shiz melts, eventually.
There's a chance Max likes Dippin' Dots too. He tried to lick out the bowl when it was done.
After a while it dawned on us that Comic Book Land plays a lot of hard core heavy metal as its theme music. This sparked an air guitar competition that may have gone too far. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.





And that marks the end of Part 1 of our Orlando Trip. Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of our day at Universal Studios.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Max's hair has gotten so blonde! Looks like he's loving Florida.

Chris said...

All I gotta say is, OrlandYES.

That means nothing, but if you say it with inflection people will think you know some inside joke that they don't know about - then they will say it back because they don't want to be left out of it or think you think they are on the outside.

And to that is say San Demin High School Football rules!