09 March 2011

Get My Birthday Runnin' - Head Out On The Highway!

Something about these cupcakes and fruit plates scream birthday to me.
I was right! And here is the birthday boy himself - Eli turning one years old! This kid is one of the most energetic and happy babies I have ever seen in my life. If you lift him up...he does the running man in the air. It is a consistent flow of energy, until he takes a nap at least.
Max and Eli are certainly buddies. Caitlin and Mom-of-Eli Mel are also buddies.
Delicious. But these cupcakes would have to wait. We had some serious partying to do. Let me show you more.
Bike parking this way. Yes. I liked where this was going.
Captain Landon at your service. Like any good Captain, Landon was leading this bike party to victory. He would go down with his vessel if necessary. But first we had to decorate our bikes with streamers and signs and stuffs.
This was my sign.
Caitlin's more traditional sign - but I think the stars give it some edge.
I think this picture says a lot about Eli's future and the people we are hanging out with here in Fort Lauderdale. Sure, they are moms and dads with babies and jobs and such. But they also like to kill it xtreme and have fun.
Max's buddy Owen was there too to ring in the birthday cheer.
And gimpy handicapped me was there! I mostly served as the picture taker and baby sitter since I couldn't ride a bike or skateboard. I did my duties with cheer.
Like snapping this cute photo of the birthday boy.
Caitlin really worked our bike and made it look awesome for the bike parade.
The head of the parade was the Fort Lauderdale mayor's golf cart. Max freakin' loves steering wheels. Look at his face as he grips it. I love watching him behind any wheel. He loses it.
These two matching sassy pants chicks were ready to roll with kids in tow.
And they were off!
Wasn't Caitlin's bike totally b****in'?
Boarders and birthday boy in front, leading the pack to the park. We proceeded forward for about 3/4 of a mile.

The partiers! Eli had a solid turn out because, well, he's really popular. Also, we have a lot of great friends down here already.
Caitlin is surrounded by amazing women down here in Florida, and she really loves it. These women have totally scooped her up and made her the most welcome babe ever. She constantly has something to do or someone to see, and it makes nine months in Florida seem a bit too short.
We made it to the park just in time for some swinging. Seriously, how cute is Eli?
I mean, come on. Stop killin' us kid.
Speaking of killin' us with the cuteness...Max on a slide. Does it get any better than that?
There were Capri Suns and oranges to keep our electrolytes up as we played.
One sexy dude...with fruit in his mouth.
Rick rocked that horsey until it cried uncle. We had to dig a whole in the sand so he could take it further. Amazing.
Eli took a turn rockin' it as well, and did so with style.
And then it was time to head back for desserts and birthday closure.
Boarders, leading the way. We had to hurry cause there was a massive rain storm coming our way.
Back home, Eli showed us what he thought about eating a cupcake on his birthday. YEAH RIGHT GUYS! Do you know how tired I am from all this fun??? Its nap time dudes.
So we snapped one more picture and nap time it was. While Eli retired, the rest of us ran to Taco Bell to grab some $0.88 Crunchwrap Supremes that were on sale this week only. Holy crap they taste better when they are less than a buck.

Happy Birthday Eli! Thanks for inviting Max and crew to your party dude! You are one rockin' 1 year old.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Man... nothing better than a good bike parade with great friends. Oh and a gimpy armed man to come along and take fantastic pictures.

Michelle said...

That looks like it was such a great birthday party! What a fun idea.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I have to say, I got some pretty awesome pictures of Eli in here. Mel, if you want the originals, let me know.

Jenn said...

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't leave this new life of yours in FL. It looks too awesome. I don't know who Rick is but he's already won some serious clazzy points. So has the captain.