18 February 2011

Goo Goo, Ga Ga Over FoLa




Fort Lauderdale is a pretty darn decent town. Sure, it's no big city like New York or Chicago. The streets on week days are relatively empty save for the few business men or women who actually leave their offices for lunch. But on weekends it really comes alive with people and if anything, it's always good for a nice walk.


Max can hang with his grandma and spot some more birds that he loves so much.


We can walk up the river in the sun without coats.


And I can take pictures of eccentric ladies sitting on park benches by the concert hall. We thought these ladies were so funny so I asked them if I could take a picture (but not without being dared first by Caitlin).


We went over to the kids museum where all of Max's dreams come true every time he goes. This is a huge ball maze thing that is outside the building.


Is Max entranced? What do you think?


Strangely, that day was Pacific Islander day in the museum. What luck!


I tried really, really hard to get this old woman to lay me. lai me? Laia me? Whatever...the point is that I wanted to get laid and this old woman wasn't willing. Come on!


You'll notice Max and Caitlin did not get laid either. But they saw some cool drumming!


Max is loving animals recently...including gigantic lobsters.


But still, his true love is climbing and exploration. The museum has a whole section of tunnels and stairs and such that Max goes goo goo, ga ga over. Here he is climbing steps.


Oooooh! Bright lights...


Baby tractor! Don't be fooled by the lack of smile here. This is serious business. I dare you to try and take Max off this tractor. He will let you know what he thinks about that quickly.


Tiring for grandmas and parents alike.


They have an orange tree that grows and drops these plastic oranges. Max just likes to throw them in the bin. You have to be careful though because this is where the big kids play and it can get pretty rowdy and competitive.


Tunnel work.


Spider web climbing work.


Maxtrantula.






Yep mom and dad, this is the place for me. Thanks again Judes for coming out on a dime to save us and have fun with us. Max hasn't been the same since you left.

3 comments:

nensaburger said...

OMG his tie

Jana said...

I have been to those places with the competitive kid areas. They kinda scare me. He's so cute!

Michelle said...

Oh I just love that Mitoo! The pic of him looking at the bright light is presh.