24 February 2011

5am to 5:45

Last night I had a dream. I dreamt that I was on a plane and we were flying to Disney world. It was myself, Caitlin, Bek and Mala and our energy level was high and a song was in our heart. Suddenly, our plane began to malfunction and we began plummeting to the ground. Our captain got on the intercom and reassured us that it would be alright. There was something familiar about his voice, but I was too scared at the time. Caitlin grabbed my hand and told me that if "i don't like my situation, change it. If I cant change it, change my attitude about it."

As we hit the ground, there was no death and no pain...just a smooth landing. The words, "please collect your belongings and have a great day at Disney World" came over the intercom.

As we exited, we noticed there were hundreds of other planes and thousands of people all gathered around ours. The exit to the cockpit was actually a stage. We learned that everyone was waiting for our captains to exit for a performance on American Idol! The doors opened and out walked Scottie (one of our current landlords) and Jessie from Full House! They performed that song from Chicago from the movie Karate Kid 2 and the crowd went nuts...especially Mala and Caitlin.

They say dreams are a window into the soul or life or something. I guess that pretty much captures what my life is about this week and weekend. It really does.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Nothing makes me happier about this post than the fact that you dreamt about the Chicago song from Karate Kid. What a classic.

Bek said...

this post was fabulous. especially the shout out to perfect poops.

Bek said...

wait, i meant that for the perfect vacation post. this is what happens when i multi task