04 February 2011

The Days of Suckiness

Well, my surgery went pretty smooth everyone. Unfortunately, that is the only thing that has gone smooth since. As I was laying there with a surgeon cutting up my body, Max and Caitlin were in the waiting room. What were they doing? Waiting, duh. But Max was acting funny. He had already puked twice that morning and had been pretty despondent. He became very despondent right when I was about done. They told her to go to the emergency room (convenient) and Max was super dehydrated and very low on blood sugar.

Since Max normally won't take any bottles or fluids other than breast milk from da boob, they wanted to give him an IV...which he refused. So they tried Pedialite...and he took it! Miracles do come true when you are super dehydrated. After three of those, he was doing a little better and had kept it down.


So Caitlin came found me and I had just finished waking up! Perfect timing. Two sad boys in the hospital. What a day for everyone. I was super nauseous for the rest of the day and finally got some pain pills down before falling asleep.


The next morning we were both feeling much better.


This is the picture of our matching hospital bracelets. Cute! But the drama wasn't over! Caitlin began getting very sick with nausea and vomiting. No, she is not pregnant. At one point she was basically passed out on the bed groaning and then running in the bathroom to spew. Luckily Max was super happy and I was able to sit on the floor and interact with him enough to keep him happy. But what he couldn't control was his crazy diarrhea, so Caitlin has had to change massively smelly and messy diapers while nauseous. Awesome for her!

It's Friday and Caitlin is still sick, but getting better...and we are making it happen. Thanks for all the kind wishes of healing for all three of us.

Location:Hell

6 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

This is so BAD! I am so sorry! Love that you 2 boys have matching hospital bands. I think Max was feeling your pain and had to check himself in too! You boys take care of Caitlin now that you're feeling better. Is! wish I was there to make you some homemade soup and milkshakes. loves & hugs!

Ellen said...

That is the worst. You finish vomiting and come out to find vomit on the floor from your kiddies to clean up. I hope all of you heal fast. Max is pretty considerate for scheduling his illness at the hospital.

Jamila said...

Jeff! What the heck is going on--getting surgery? Gracious. Going to NYC next weekend and will be thinking of you you guys as I am with my GIRLZ.

Lindy & Trever said...

I am so sorry for all of you, I hate being sick. I can't say much for the shoulder surgery but that doesn't sound fun either. Hope this week is better.

nensaburger said...

Mormons have it soooooo bad

Bek said...

i feel so sorry for you invalids. i'm glad you're on the mend.