09 September 2010

This trip blows, or does it?

I don't have any images from an amazing trip that Bek, Jeff, and I took to Molokini island. We got up early and took an hour boat ride out to an amazing small island shaped like a horseshoe. In the bay of the island was some amazing snorkeling. I saw so many fish I had never seen in Mexico or costa rica. We also went to another area where we got to swim with sea turtles. They are tricky, shy little devils. You had to wait patiently in hopes one would come out of the rocks for a breath of air. Bek and were fortunate to have one swim right up below us and we followed it for a good 5 minutes. When I say little, I mean they are huge. Like 4 feet long. Totally awesome. Saw two more as well.

Most of all, nothing beats a long boat ride in the ocean. I love it.


We made it back in time for a Mai tai party at our condo. We drank cokes, duh. We also had wicked pineapple.





Big dog Lynn made it out of his conference to join us. We just had a pleasant time chill in in the sun on the lawn as the sun was setting. PLUS, they had a raffle.


And of course max was the winner! I held him up with pride and we ran up to collect our prize...a Hawaii tote bag.


Max didn't love his bag, particularly when we put him in it and started taking pics.


That night we had our lamest dinner....Maui tacos. Yeah, I know. There is one in Boise. Our bad. We weren't that hungry. Still, there is shame involved.


The next day we drove up to Nakalele blowhole so we could get our minds blown.


It was a nice long hike down, so I strapped max to my chest and away we went.


Max is a mega trooper and loves to be out and about. So this hike was cool. He just dangles there and laughs.


Jeff demonstrates the awesomeness of da hole that blows.


Have I mentioned how much max likes spraying water? Um, he digs it. This was his. Dream come true. We could have stayed there all day.


It rocked to have my little fam with me. I was bursting with joy.


Speaking of bursting...BOOM NAKALELE!!!!


Did max love it? You freaking betcha he did. Hands down his favorite excursion of the trip.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the last picture of Max! And Maui tacos? Is this a food blog or what. Serious shame.