29 September 2010

Don't Make Assumptions Me

Well,it's time. Time to report on our NYC trip. This will be way too difficult to do with one or even two posts, so get ready for many...but there are many awesome pics, so I think you will enjoy.

We always thought that New York would always change for us once we had a baby. We would get used to our Evanston lifestyle and realize that it's just too hard to raise a baby in NYC. This trip was kind of meant to prove that. We figured we would come home happy to have visited but excited about our much simpler life in Evanston.

As we arrived to la guardia, we hauled our bags and baby crab out to the cab line only to find that it was pouring and the line was more than an hour long. We were starving and it was late. So we bought our subway passes and trudged out onto the m60 bus. I balanced the bags, strollers, etc while people adored Max and Caitlin. Then we jumped off into the rain and bumbled our way up onto the R train in Queens to go two stops to Stephens area in Astoria.

When we finally got there we were both soaked in rain and sweat, completely exhausted. I fully expected Caitlin to turn to me and say something about how much harder it is to have max with us. Instead I got, "That was awesome! I love the craziness and the work, it makes ARRIVING so much more rewarding!"

That pretty much sums up our feelings post the vacation. We had a great time with max and miss NYC more than ever.


Stephen took us to his weekly haunt for food - the Chicken Shack. These chicken pieces were so succulent and to die for.


See what I'm saying? We caught up with Steve and he told us all about his life in Queens. It seems like a really cool place and certainly somewhere Caitlin and I haven't spent much time.


Max was just so excited to eat and not be on that plane. Who can blame him?


Mmmmm. Baby cheetos. I'm excited to share our adventures with you all in the coming days.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Is there ever a picture of Max that isn't just plain adorable? I think not. Can't wait for more NYC adventures!

Heather said...

When I went to New York in May with Ella, I fully expected to feel the same way--too much work, glad to have Costco. But instead she LOVED the city and I loved having her there and I just missed it all the more. Sigh.

P.S.--How freaking amazing/awesome was Caitlin's response to that airport/cab/subway craziness!?! You are married to a good a woman.