27 September 2010

Buddies In The Making

Big D's trip involved more than just wicked Beach Boy concerts, it also involved food and exciting excursions. This included a visit to local Evanston hotdog joint "Wiener, and Still the Champion".


My camera was on automatic focus and it chose dr. Pepper over D. I can't blame it.


Ketchup, mustard. Both awaited our corn dogs and cheese fries anxiously.


And before you know it, all the food was gone.


That afternoon we headed to another adventure...yep, you guessed it. A Met's game! (at Cubs stadium).


I was so excited to see the Mets. I missed them since leaving new York. It was a gorgeous day as well, so bonus.


The tension was high as these two mediocre teams duked it out.


This fan got super drunk. When woman would walk by, he would take a picture of their butts. Classy. Ironically, he got kicked out for yelling at the top of his lungs, "FAIR WEATHER FANS!!!!!". Way less bad then the pictures he was taking.


Big D...a thug.


We snapped this tender photo before leaving the game. Father and son bonding over baseball.


Bonding my eye!!! I was pissed by the end because the mets lost. Crap on those cubs.


Later as we walked around wrigleyville, we found interesting things to look at. Like this lost dog poster. That is the smallest lost dog I have ever seen...


I got excited about the pending 2010 Halloween that is almost upon us!


We found a solid record store to dig through. Big D has a decent collection of records to call his own.


Unfortunately, no great finds here today. Bought we found some sweet $1 CDs. Big D got a Kenny G album! Hooray! We did lots of other great stuff with D while he was in town. We went to DMK burger, which is amazing. We went to the botanical gardens. We managed to fit in lots of bike rides as well as a movie. I believed we showed the man a good time.


But ultimately dad didn't come to see me, Caitlin, the cubs, records or even Chicago. He came to see my main man homey Max G. They got lots of bonding time and by the end Max was loving having D around.





Hahahaha, I love this shot.


Seriously, does it get any more precious?


Yo Papa D, shut yo mouf!


Two buddies in the making. Thanks for coming out dad and letting Max get to know you!

2 comments:

Sparklebot said...

There was a lot of man-bonding here.

Michelle said...

It's so crazy to see in these photos that my dad is truly a grandpa... a super precious Papa D at that!