23 July 2010

Wanna See My Midwest Foliage

Sunday night required a happy stroll through the rolling hills of the KY. A modern day southern belle, that's what Beeps is.
It really was a beautiful night, and you have to agree that KY is the perfect mix of Midwest, south and in some ways, east.
Fences, trees, sunsets - so romantic. Don't worry, no kissing took place. Family kissing is wrong.
A close up of the KY wild flowers.
The weeds, so plentiful and yet, majestic. Its almost as if I expected a group of wild horses to come charging over this hill.
The proper Mulcocks. So mannered, so composed. Slightly sweaty.
We hit right when the sun was starting to drop, so it made for good photos of leaves in the setting sun.
I may or may not have been judged by my family for wearing black socks with my linen shorts (lorts). Listen, it was Sunday. Its what you DO.
Then Shell got a hold of the camera and started practicing her skills again. A very well framed shot of mom.
And bros - using a map to find their way. So un-manly.
Remember what I said about the setting sun? Well BOOM IN YOUR FACE FOOLS!
Caitlin's favorite flower! It made me miss her terribly since she was in Idaho at this time.
You may not know that KY can also have some very wooded areas, not unlike the amazon jungle.
Beeps had to brave a path through the wilderness and did so bravely. Such skill in the world of pioneering and exploration. You should see her with a compass!!
And that was the end of my KY trip to see Beeps and Bodge. Love those guys to death. Love KY to death. Can't wait for them to come to IL again and see precious baby boy. I love having family all over the US sometimes - it just makes for great traveling.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hahaha.... lorts! Um, that was not the end of the trip. What about Gumbo Yaya and Krispy Cream yo? I thought you were going to email me those pics.