02 November 2009

The Suburbs Are Scary

Let me just start by asking - how sad are you all now that Halloween is over? I am pretty much as low as I can go in terms of depression (meaning I frowned for like 10 minutes about it). October is such an amazing month. While I didn't get as many horror movies in as I like to, I was able to enjoy some solid parties.

Of noteworthiness is Caitlin's bosses party. You may remember it from LAST YEAR? Well, this year was again without exception - awesome.
Can you guess are costume? Yep - Caitlin went as Octomom and I went as her sperm donor (a sexy mullet and a one piece outfit that says "Miss Behavin'" on the back). Isn't my donation awesome?
The dogs were dressed up as bees this year. It was pretty hard to get a picture of the three of them because they were running around trying to eat dropped foods.
Speaking of food, there were once again amazing treats to enjoy, including sweaty monster balls.
Caitlin's boss was quick to eat one of our delicious babies. Seriously, how great is a woman with this much love for Halloween? She is a great influence on Caitlin.
The party outside wasn't as raging this year as last because it was already crazy butt cold outside. At least the fire was hot and keepin' us warm.
The new addition to the decorations was the 250 or so mannequins that they had purchased. They were used to house many amazing masks and outfits. This is one of my favorite pictures I took - I'm not sure why it turned out so misty and awesome. But it did.
The guests, per usual, went all out with costumes. This family dressed up as a wedding party that all had been shot in the head. I hope my kids don't dress up as doggies and pumpkins and stuff. I hope the dress up as dead things, maniacs and psychos. I can't help them come up with costume ideas. Uncle Mike can do their hair and Uncle Stephen can help them with bloody make up.
We all lined up for the classic tractor ride through the haunted path.
More great uses of the mannequins.
Dead yard flamingos? I mean, that is taking it to a new level.
While on our tractor ride, this guy showed up and started scaring the crap out of the lady in the back. Seriously, those aren't laughs or fake screams. She was literally peeing her pants from fright as this guy slowly followed her and breathed on her.
It was an awesome party and of course I loved it. I wore my wig the entire way home with pride.

7 comments:

nensaburger said...

LOVE IT. Can I come next time?

Ellen said...

Abby Normal brain! Awesome.
Seriously it's kismet that Caitlin got the boss she did. You are so lucky.

Michelle said...

Cool party yo.... I love the dead yard flamingos!

Sparklebot said...

I need to figure out how to get an invite to this party.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Its easy Sparklebot...just be in Chicago. You have an instant invite.

Bek said...

what did you put in the donor cup?

Amber said...

I have to say I've never been to a Halloween party like that before! Looks like lots of fun. I love the octomom idea!