19 November 2009

People Watching Afternoon

Today I have been doing some people watching. Some say that I should be doing some homeworking watching...but I beg to differ. I'm sitting in the student union building of Northwestern and I have been watching this girl. She is sitting in the corner eating a bag of Bugle chips. It is her third bag. She ate the first one, then got up and came back a few minutes with another bag. She proceeded to munch that bag until it was gone, get up, come bag...third bag. The entire time she is doing nothing. Not reading, not talking on phone, not even Facebook. She just dedicate 30+ minutes to eating Bugles.

What do you have to be going through in your life to allow that to make sense to yourself?

10 comments:

Agatha said...

I say hello, I'm new here.
Nice activity: I mean people watching, not munching chips. When I was younger, had more time and didn't have small children, I also did that. Do you think the girl ate her chips and thought: 'that psycho guy's doing nothing: not eating chips, reading book, but he's staring at me for 30 mins'????

Side of Jeffrey said...

Fair assessment Agatha. Granted, I was on my computer working and the unceasing sound of Bugle munching from 10 feet away made it hard not to look.

Jana said...

If I were going to dedicate one half hour of my life solely dedicated to eating a snack item, it most definitely wouldn't be Bugles. Perhaps peanut M&Ms? or maybe even Pringles.

Ellen said...

I agree with Jana. Bugles literally smell like someone's butt.
And I can't just sit and eat. I have to be reading something, or talking to someone, anything but just staring at my food and listening to myself chew. Am I weird?

Michelle said...

Bugles do smell like butt.

Jana said...

Oh my gosh, Ellen and Michelle you just made me laugh so hard.

Sparklebot said...

Bugles do, in fact, smell like butt, but they taste delicious.

Was she a super fatty?

Side of Jeffrey said...

No, normal person. That is what boggled my mind. Also, Sparklebot, why do you like butt?

Sparklebot said...

What's wrong with butt?

nensaburger said...

I say that she knew you were watching her and did it on purpose. She was like "F this dude. I'm gonna KEEP eating bugles so he'll blog about it later."

You've been played, my friend.