09 June 2009

The Kentucks Grad

As you know, I went to Kentucky to celebrate several things - Michelle graduating, Michelle birthday, Pam graduating, Pam mother's day, Big D's birthday. It was a huge frenzy of party action left and right. What else would you expect in the Lex???
Beefsquee was not excited about me taking this picture upon my arrival. Did I tell you that Sandrina and Skinny Good Lookin' Reid were there? (Devin's parents). I hadn't seen them in ages. We always get along smashingly...except when I break their china while doing the dishes. Our first activity was to hit the Kentucky Horse Park.Why are we engaged in such a gentlemanly handshake? Look closer at the seal behind us...Divided we fall people - so lets not get divided.We first went to the Hall of Champions where we got to see some old Kentucky Derby winners. This is proof that the Kentucky Horse Park has horses.Beefsquee petted some horsies that took us around the park in a carriage ride. They were tender to her and loved her kind petting.Apparently Beefsquee and I are not nearly as strong as those horses. We are actually quite weak sauce.Big D really wanted to mount this horse (we didn't have the heart to tell him it was just a statue).The History of the Horse Museum gave us an extensive knowledge about horses and their roll in the world from the beginning of man. Seriously people - this was a Guggenheim-sized museum about horses.Later we got really excited about these huge chairs. What else do you do when a pair of gigantic chairs are presented to you on a beautiful day?Our next item of business was Michelle's graduation. Here is the standard graduation shot. And here are the standard graduation videos - but this one involves me with a squeaky toy that got the audience to laugh.



Apparently when you are graduating from dental hygiene you have to be creative and put teeth on your caps.Hooray! Yah!Michelle and her hygiene peeps and Michelle and Devoin. Beefsquee and I value edumacation and learning stuffs.We celebrated as Skinny Good Lookin' Reid took us to Johnny Carinos. I thoroughly enjoyed my lasagna.Big D enjoyed his multiple cheese deliciousness. Pam and D are lookin' really cute these days together in my opinion. It was a great celebration.The next day after church we took some stellar Pam and Beefsquee in gowns graduation photos. Such sass - bolstered by mental prowess.They did it people...they finally did it.In the end, I had to leave them. This brought them tears of sadness to their hearts. Fortunately we will be together again (this time with Caitlin - hooray!!!) on vacation next week. Congrats you two smart goobers.

1 comment:

Jana said...

congratulations Pam and Shell!! I enjoyed the tender pictures and tender words.