03 June 2009

Internal Dilemma

I have a serious problem. Briggie's mom asked me to DJ their stake dance and I realized - who am I to pretend to know what the kids want to hear? Who am I to find these songs and then really know whether they are appropriate or not? WHO AM I? That is the question of life.

So I need your help. What songs do you think the young'ns would like to hear these days. DO NOT say anything by They Might Be Giants. I have already learned that lesson. It has to be appropriate for a church dance, but still awesome.

Additionally, I need salsa songs or Hispanic songs for our spanish friends at the dance. You salsa dancing people, I need your wisdom as well.

Bring the suggestions, and bring them good.

DJ Tanner (that is my DJ name)

4 comments:

Pound Fi'ty said...

My bro DJd a church dance when he was a youth and it was the most popular dance ever because most of what he played was inappropriate, but what they wanted. No YMCA or lady in red. I know, I know. How can you have a dance without those? Snoop, Dre, lots of jock jams, etc. Now they'll also want some Pit Bull, DJ LAZ, lots of Reggaeton, I'm guessing (all edited, of course). If they don't want a party like that, go to some other stake. DJ Tanner bringing down the hizouse!!

j said...

Umm...Timbaland? (The Way I Are or Release). You could play "You Spin Me 'Round (Like a Record" by Dead or Alive, and they might say "Hey this band is totally ripping off Flo Rida"

reneeebony said...

the kids wanna hear lady gaga, weezy, and kanye, with some rick ross thrown in. the spanish speaking kids wanna hear pitbull.

Scrumpestuous D said...

Have you seen MTV lately? These kids don't know what they want. Educate them, Jeffrey, and blow their little Chicagoland minds.