27 September 2011

Food in Da Belly

I just drove from Fort Lauderdale to Chicago. I had been excited about this drive from the day I arrived in Florida. I LOVE driving. I love to see America and listen to music and think. It is probably the most relaxing activity I can think of, especially when I am alone or just with Caitlin (sorry Max...you make driving less fun for now).

Another thing i love is eating what I want, where I want, when I want. Here is a snapshot of the last few days in the world of my stomach.


Jacksonville, FL: Clark's Fish Camp. Flounder stuffed with scallops and cheese and shrimp.


Hush Puppies!


Cole slaw, crab cakes and creamed peas. Bye bye south.


Ashburn, GA: Waffle House


Sunny side up eggs and hash browns and toast.


One delicious waffle at affordable prices!


Everywhere, America: about 370oz of Mountain Dew and peanut butter M&Ms.


Chattanooga, TN: hot tamales that will blow your mind at Champy's Famous Fried Chicken.


Hot tamale with Cole slaw and hot sauce. I won't ever eat a hot tamale without Cole slaw again.


Tennessee hot sauce in Tennessee. Why not?


Huge fried chicken breast with a ton of meat...on bread.


Break: Ale 8 soda in Kentucky.


Lexington, KY: buffalo chicken pizza at Mellow Mushroom.


Lexington, KY: crawfish étouffée on rice!


Somewhere near Indianapolis: Red Robin. Never gets old.

1 comment:

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

Wow ... and it didn't make you sick? I feel sick just from reading that list! j/k :) Glad you had a good ride.