17 August 2011

Spirtual Saturday Before the Night of Sexy.i.Scream

Clearly from my last post we went out of town last weekend. Yes, it was that time of the month again! No...not menstruation but spiritualization! (this means we went to Orlando to visit the LDS temple that is there and the closest one to us in Fort Lauderdale). We actually drove up late on Friday night and bummed off our boy T.Rex who had a pimped out condo-pad for work with two bedrooms. Saturday we woke up and took turns going to the temple while the other couple watched the three kids (Max, Owen and Collette of 3 months). It was a spiritual feast...but we left the temple physically starving. So we decided to celebrate T.Rex and B.Rex's recent birthdays by going out to dinner at some place I can't remember the name of!We ordered quick and the server started bringing us heavenly goodness in no time!Popcorn Shrimp in da house y'all! The sauce on this shiz was divine, nearly sacred. I would have liked about triple the amount of shrimp that comes with it though, you know?Now, eating with two, two year old kids is no easy feat. It requires intense planning, tricky diversions, and lots of patience. It also requires leaving a phat tip because these whirlwinds create havoc and disaster in their path. One dude came up to Caitlin recently and told her she should nickname Max "Tornado" for the wreck he leaves behind him every time he eats out. We tried crayons and books and toys...and they worked! (for about 20 minutes)My meal - lime chicken with the best effin mash potatoes I have ever had in my life. I'm not kidding. They had three cheeses, insane amounts of butter, salt to perfection and corn mixed in. Jimminy Josephat!T.Rex also got some chicken and was uber pleased. I think his involved cinnamon? I can't confirm that...but I bet he can.B.Rex basically ordered an entire animal and got the full rack of ribs. Look at Collette...I honestly think she's about to say, "d*** mom. That is some serious meat!"While we pondered dessert, cute Owen and Collette cuddled. I think I was running around chasing Max through the restaurant during the taking of this photo.Speaking of Owen, can I say that Max is currently obsessed with Owen? I think this photo really captures their relationship. They are in the process of giving each other a hug...but at the same time they are throwing some punches. Max is pushing and look at Owen's left fist. Its a love/love/hate/love relationship. I think pretty healthy for babies.And we were done eating and not a moment to soon! Max was seconds from going ape.It being a birthday celebration, ice cream was necessary. While Caitlin sampled 50 flavors, T.Rex sucked the last bit of cream off his taster spoon. This inspired a series of shots I call "sexy.i.scream". Enjoy:Emotional, poignant, sexy, raw. Those are the words that this brief art piece puts in my head.Again, baby Collette's like, "what the freak was that all about? These people are jacked up." I'm not sure where she learned that language, but I'm thinking Aunt Caitlin.Max and Owen had a great time hanging out all day long. But it was nothing in comparison to what they would experience the next day at SEA WORLD SUCKAS!!!!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

We had such a blast with you guys! How about you guys just meet us in Orlando every month or so once you move and we can do this again over and over... and over.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Or we could meet in Indianapolis?

Brittany said...

Does Indianapolis offer as much goodness as Orlando? If the answer to this question is yes... then I think we might be able to handle that.