03 August 2011

The Greatest Lie Ever Told

You would imagine that living in South Florida during the summer would be awesome, right? Sure, it would be crazy hot...but you spend most of your time at work and then when you get out, you hit the beach or pool or something awesome. What a perfect life!

WRONG.


That is what I thought might be my life when i moved down here. In fact, I think it every morning. I walk to work and think, "I'm definitely going to the beach with Max when I get home from work! Its so hot and nice out." But, by the time 2-3pm comes around, my dreams are shattered by what my family used to call "The Wall of Satan" when we lived in Jacksonville.

Summer is the wet season and every single afternoon a gigantic rain/lightening storm comes rumbling through Fort Lauderdale, ruining my chance at going to the beach or swimming. What a crock. I'd really like to just spent 3 nights a week chillin' with da kid near the ocean. Instead its 4pm and I'm staring out the window of my office at a black sky with bolts of lightening hitting everything in sight.

LAME!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

You could go swimming in rain puddles with him after work?

Heather said...

I can solve your problem. Move to Southern California. Foggy by the beach all morning--and then sunny in the afternoon and evening. And we have food trucks here. Lots of them. And I miss your wife. See, 3 good reasons to move here.

nensaburger said...

It should pass right over though, no? When I was in Orlando it rained every day once but passed over rather quickly..