30 January 2011

First Week In Florida!!!

Sorry mom, I don't have any pictures of you in Florida with us for those two days, my arm still hurt too much. But I was feeling just well enough to bust the camera out when Feef, Beef and Bodge flew in the next day!



Caitlin took them to the biggest outlet mall in the world! It's like six malls of just outlet stores, including spendy Italian stores in Europe like Salvatore Ferragamo. Bodge and Feef tried on some belts. Hey Bodge, you know what you can do with that belt? Yeah, you know...



Caitlin is always on the lookout for boat shoes that could be worthy to replace my Sperry Modern Amusement boat shoes...but she knows it will never happen. They are irreplaceable.



Apparently Dairy Queen was had...I was busy enjoying my first week of work on percocet.



Later we went out for dinner and to the Miami Ballet that was performing in FoLau. Downtown FoLau was still alive with Christmas decorations, in the form of dolphins. Hmm, I guess it's better than pretending they are something they are not. Ride that dolphin Beef!



The lights do add an awesome glow downtown. Come to find out, these lights are up year round.



We aren't in Kansas anymore Mittoo.



We stopped by a restaurant on the river for a meal. They gave us free crab cake sliders. So far we were being treated like honored guests to our new home.



Bodge looks pimp and ready for an awesome night out.



The bill was paid and we hit the ballet. It was actually four shorter ballets, including one piece by Twyla Tharp that I really liked quite a bit. The first three were quite good, but the fourth was one of the worst ballets I had ever seen. It was like a western ho down. Amazingly bad...I was dying to get out of there. Maybe it was because my drugs were wearing off??



The crew...a train is passing by lightening fast in this pic...so you cam see through it.




You can barely see that I am wearing my sling in this picture. with all these new surroundings, how could we not snap some shots.



On Saturday we went to the Florida Keys. Holy crap I finally felt lime I was in Florida and ready to enjoy some tropical lifestyle. Until then it had been quite cold for the area...in the 60s. But this was a beautiful day.



Gorgeous.















Who knew that I would one day become the fat brother? Yep, it happened. I'd have to get all crazy diet to catch up with Stephen.



Oh no Bodge, don't get your feet wet! Hey Devin, do you know what you can do with that surf? Yeah, you know.



We had discovered one beautiful island amongst hundreds in the keys.



Originally there was a train that took people from island to island before they built the highway. It got completely wiped out by a hurricane in the 20s, but some pieces remain, like this piece. Occasionally they blow up another section for a movie.



Don't you dare fish from there!



But feel free to enjoy the vistas.



Some pretty white dudes lay out for some momentary sun and a light nap.



But the need to pose was too strong. Hey Steve, you know what you can do with that pose? Yeah, you know.



Stay tuned for an explanation of this picture...

4 comments:

Pamsky said...

Why are my children such posers? And what is up with that underwear?

Bek said...

I'm not lying, I'm coming to visit you guys soon.

smith fam said...

the picture of stephen with the underwear is amazing...worthy of a canvas print on the wall.

nensaburger said...

Stephen needs to eat a cupcake...or something