03 November 2010

We Gotz Da Flow

Well. Big news. We have decided to pick up our Shiz and move to Fort Lauderdale, Florida starting in January 2011. No I am not changing jobs and no it is not permanent. We will be there for nine months on assignment working for the Latin American region of my company. We will be based in Florida but I will go down to south America from time to time for work.

How did we make this big decision? We thought, prayed and discussed this hard. One night we went to dinner and made a pros and cons list. It became evident to us that going there would be the right thing. As I lifted the sheet the following picture shows what was on our table directly under the paper....


Yep. A map of Florida with Fort Lauderdale directly under the map.


We looked over at Max and he was tapping the word "Florida" with his hand.

A sign? Maybe...but all it did was make us laugh about a decision we had already made. Hooray! We will miss everyone in Illinois for our nine months, but it will be fun to meet new people and have new adventures!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

We are going to miss you guys! At least we still get to read your very fun blog!

Maren Romney said...

Well, that's super exciting! And nice that you get to miss the bad part of Winter!

Did I tell you guys Peter (my hombre) is applying to Grad school in 10 cities for next year - Chicago being one of them? It's closer to my top picks because you're there. And sounds like you will be back there for next fall...

Heather said...

Wrong coast. But I'm still excited for you. Warm weather is not over-rated.