05 March 2010

Juicy is the Luciest

I promised I would report about our dinner. Okay, this is where my diet really starts to go awry. But listen, before you judge me with your judging ways, just note that the food I ate was called "the Juicy Lucy". How can I pass up a meat product with that name? We went over to the 5 8 Club to discover what this was all about.
We started off with something that really helped us feel like we were in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area - fried cheese curds! Wow, these beat cheese logs any day.
Then our food was delivered. DWo and LWo represent! They were so happy to have us there - so many Friday nights without friends to eat meat products with. Sad.
This is a picture of my burger - aka, the Juicy Lucy. Why is this burger called that?Because the burger is cooked around a huge layer of cheese that melts inside as the burger cooks. Every bite is met with juicy cheese flowing out from the center. You can get blue cheese or pepperjack in there as well. I mean, wow.
This is a meal that the whole family can enjoy...well, except Max. Just milk for him. Sorry buddy. Soon you will have Juicy Lucys too.
This was my reaction to the first bite. It looks like I'm disgusted, but I'm just trying to grapple with my intense explosion of happiness.
Later at home we snapped this cute picture of Max with his favorite monkey. Seriously, this kid kills me.
And DWo and I passed out on the couch and watched Olympics. That much food is just not good for your body, only your spirit.
On Sunday after church we went down to the statue gardens by the museum of art. I always like green houses where plants are growing in a warm environment inside, but outside it is freakin' crazy cold.
We approached one of Minneapolis's most famous landmarks - the spoon cherry sculpture (fountain in summer)
This is a very excellent thing - I would compare it to the bean in Chicago. Its just something you got to check out.
Similar to the bean, you can take a picture of the Minny skyline in the orb.
You can also take group photos, like this one.
And then maybe things will get out of hand and you'll start doing weird poses for the camera, including belly visuals and handstands.
And then you'll take profile appropriate pictures of individuals, like this stunning photo of DWo standing majestically on the spoon. Don kind of looks like one lone rice krispee on this spoon, right?
And that was our trip to Minneapolis. We left at 4am on Monday morning so Max could sleep most of the way home. Thanks Wo's for having us and partying it up to the break of dawn! We have really enjoyed exploring while I've been free from work.

2 comments:

Sparklebot said...

1) I want a juicy lucy RIGHT NOW.

2) Max is too presh to have come from your loins.

Side of Jeffrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.