21 December 2009

Nice Holiday Booty

One of the best parts about the Christmas is presents! Don't argue with me, you know you like to get presents. I'm not saying it is in any way more important than the true meaning of Christmas, its just a really nice bonus during a time that is already super rad. As I'm gearing up to start a new job, some of my presents might include new work rags like the above. Do you approve of how those pants hug my buns?I don't approve of how this vest makes it look like I have breasts. It doesn't leave much to the imagination, that is for sure.You probably can't tell from this picture, but this shirt reminds me of chocolate and mint. It made me want to eat myself.Another great part about Christmas if family. This year, Judes, Lynster and Jeff are coming to our house! I like to pretend that they would spend Christmas with us if we weren't having a baby, but I know I'd be fooling myself. Judes is the only one here so far, so we are taking her places. We went to Xoco and had ourselves food that is righteous for the soul. While waiting in line, I caught a glimpse of these empanadas. They look rad.
There's my girls. So precious with guacamole and chips.
I got the crispy pork vermicelli soup. It was without a question radical. Pork is one of the best meats ever created by man.
Judes go the short rib sandwich that comes in a delicious tomatoy broth of happiness galore. She relished in its amazingness.
Caitlin got the vegetarian soup (which I have had before) and felt joy in her heart to know that it would soon be nourishing Baby Max.
And of course, creamy homemade hot chocolate. It warmed my cold, cold heart.
New camera photo added here.
Caitlin successfully hides the belly in Heather's coat that she borrowed for the night. At that point, I got excited about using my camera for photo opps.




We stumbled upon the German Christmas fair at Daley Plaza. I found some mummy and ghost ornaments for our tree. I was denied the ability to purchasing them for the perfectly festive Halloween themed tree.
Little Satan heads too!
Then there were many figurines to enjoy as well.
Kitties, piggies and doggies. So presh.
And some wine drinkin', pipe smokin' Santas that only the Germans could conjure up in their sick heads.
I like this creepy photo of this woman's floating head through the ornaments.
Chicago's Christmas tree, like NY's, always disappoints me. There are no ornaments or anything special on them...just some lights. Yes, the tree is huge and tall. But really? That's the best you can do to give me some holiday cheer? Step it up. At least these girls make the tree look awesome.
No, that's not the temple. It is the religious looking top of a normal office building. I thought it looked nice next to the star.

We searched some more, but came out empty handed. Those ornaments (like all things hand made), were ridiculously expensive! Stay tuned as we have more amazing adventures. I can't believe Caitlin is still walking around 6 hours a day, running errands, and workin' it like she isn't carrying around a full-term baby up in her gut. Amazing.

5 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Wow Caitlin is amazing to be walking around that much! I think about you guys daily! Can't wait to see baby Max! You guys are so close!!!!Merry Christmas!

Sparklebot said...

Those ornaments were SO COOL! Germans are the best.

I am so excited for you guys. This may be your best Christmas ever!

SweetAbbs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SweetAbbs said...

Caitlin has always been a trooper so I'm not surprised that she's not any different being preggo. She could probably deliver her own baby and then get up and make you dinner. But don't make her do that k? LOL. Can't wait for Max to arrive!!!

Pamsky said...

I hope it wasn't as cold as it was when we were we there. It was too cold to even shop!