14 December 2009

Christmas with Chrismook

You know who know's how to throw a wicked, killer festive Christmas party that blows the mind? Chrismook and Heather do. The key elements of a successful Christmas party are the proper music, delicious treat products with a hot chocolate station, and white elephant exchanges. Check, check, and check.But this was no normal white elephant exchange. It was a BINGO white elephant exchange. You had to win at bingo to have the chance to choose a gift. Chrismook, our host and master of the number choosing, started us off with all the rules.
DWo and LWo were turbo-charged and ready to rock that shiz. LWo claimed to be a master bingo player...we'd see. And it was on!Bingo makes me nervous. I was terrified - would I win anything at all???? But before I knew it, I had won! I chose the Halloween themed popcorn tin with prizes inside.Holy CRAP! The best white elephant gift ever!
Scott's toilet paper!!! Another dream comes true.
The winner took control of the next number drawing. It was a job I took on with complete seriousness.
As you can see.
Some people won old magazines. Clearly there was no limit on how crappy these gifts could be.
Chris got himself some bling-bling grillz for his mouth.
My future games were not as fruitful. Luckily, Caitlin redeemed us and won a round. We ended up with a Starbucks card that had like $21 on it. We stole it from Liz who later proclaimed (with all seriousness) "I HATE YOU JEFF MULCOCK!!!" It was a classic moment.
What is the Lauren? Why are you laughing at your husband with a slight look of shame?
Probably because he got a jar of spotted dick for his white elephant. Nice.
Another strategic steal ended up awarding Ryan with the grillz, which he models appropriately here. As stated, this party was awesome and brought the holiday spirit into our lives without delay. Thanks Chrismook and Heather for making it happen.

2 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Do you really need a whole label for "spotted dick?"

Chris said...

I'm thrilled my tag is listed with other common blog tags sure to get high traffic in this holiday season - "Christmas" and "spotted dick"