04 February 2009

You Suck January

Seriously January - you sucked in a lot of ways. But do you want to know the primary reason you sucked? You got me sick. You got Caitlin sick. You got us both ridiculously sick way too many times and for way too long.

Oh, really January? You don't believe me? Want some proof?

1) You gave me that crappy flu that made me whine like a little baby due to the pain and suffering. It lasted about 4-5 days. Poor Caitlin had to coddle me and baby me the entire time because that is what I require (see video below January).





2) Well - then Caitlin got my flu...but I still blame you January. You suck.

3) Don't forget, my flu turned to a head cold for a week while Caitlin had the flu...so I couldn't be as attentive to her needs because my life was blowing. Seriously January, grow up.

4) My head cold turned into a full body cold with the liquid spewing that goes with it. This lasted an additional 6 days or so. 17 days of total sickness January? Was that really necessary? I went to the doctor and her diagnosis? YOU.

5) Just when I thought it was over, and sweet loving February was only 3 days away, you gave Caitlin the stomach flu. AHHH - what a slap in the face!

6) I got Caitlin's stomach flu and spent the last day of You puking and shatting. Well, I shat on you January...that is how I feel about you.

But the good thing is - you are only 31 days...19 of which I was sick. But its over now, and we can all move forward and quickly forget you. You offer us nothing of worth. And don't try to pretend that President's Day is anything special. Caitlin didn't even get it off.

Good riddance.

6 comments:

andrea gale said...

geez. stupid january. i laughed out loud when i read this post. for reals.

Anonymous said...

President's Day is in February!

Amber Henrie said...

Man - non-stop sickness over there in Chicago. It's extra worse with the lake effect coming off of Lake Michigan! :) Just so you know, I am currently sick...and I'm not even in cold weather. I passed it on to my sis-in-law, so both of us are just miserable sick!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Whats the one we just had in Jan? Oh yeah, MLK. Yeah, Caitlin did get that one off - or Presidents Day. I'd say February is cooler because they have an entire month dedicated to black history, not just one day.

smith fam said...

I am impressed at the high levels of sickness in your house when little kids aren't living there. Imagine what they will skyrocket to when little sticky hands are living there.

Side of Caitlin said...

I think Jeff is still sick- at least sick in the head. Remember how I did NOT get MLK day off nor will I get Presidents day off? Silly Jeffy.