02 May 2011

Let's Stop For a Quickee at Clark's

Caitlin and I had an epic Easter weekend. Yes, Pam was still in town and she was about to embark upon unchartered waters...she would babysit Max for his first time being away from his parents for a few hours. She had him all weekend while we travelled up to Savannah, GA!


As is 100% mandatory on all drives longer than 45 minutes, I got my huge Code Red Mountain Dew. As you will soon see, this was vacation rules for eating, and the Dew would pale in comparison to the calories I would shove in my body later. Caitlin and I love to drive together. We sing, we talk, we chill.


About 5 hours into the drive I convinced Caitlin that we had to stop in Jacksonville at a Mulcock favorite chomping ground - Clark's Fish Camp on the St. Johns River. I love this place for many reasons.


One...the environment is totally southern backwoods in the swamp. Literally. You will see alligators swimming by the restaurant, you will hear frogs humping. It's legit.


You'll also see some pretty sexy people occasionally...like Caitlin. I represent the more white trash folk.


Seriously, is there a better setting for a full on southern seafood meal?


Caitlin was forced to find something, anything healthy she could eat on the menu.


Whereas I was forced to choose from a million things I wanted to eat so badly!


We ended up starting with a vegetable...fried pickle slices. Oh yes pickles you do me right. Unreal goodness in horseradish sauce.


This is me enjoying a gigantic seafood gumbo along with hush puppies, beans, candied yams with cinnamon butter and macaroni and cheese that rocked me.


Caitlin was truly impressed. Never has anything so bad felt so good, so wrong felt so right. It fattened us up for the remaining 2 hours of driving to our hotel right outside Savannah. If that was my vacation, I would have come home a happy man. But there was more...much more.

2 comments:

Pamsky said...

Oh Clark's Fish Camp. The south is coming back to me and I miss it. I also love this place for many reasons and lots of good memories (breaded frog legs that actually look like frog legs, for example).

Brittany said...

You had me at frog's humping.