08 August 2010

Chicks Dig Symmetry

"Hey everyone! I might look a little different from the last time you saw me because I got this helmet thing on my head. My dad says that it will fix the bump I have on the back right side of my head that formed while I was shaking that dang torticollis (I hated that condition...geez neck muscles, get buff already). At first I was like, 'no you didn't just put me in this thing.' But in talking it over with the doctor, I realized one key benefit- chicks dig symmetry. They really do! Any person who says that girls only look at the inside is shooting so much hot air that they might start fire from the inside out. So I'm gonna rock this thing for the next 3-6 months (please head - grow a lot this month!). Don't worry about me - it doesn't apply any pressure to my head and it weighs less than a diaper before I have a bowel movement. Until then, don't judge me. If you do, my dad is likely to go ape on you and I've heard him swear - he can really get colorful. You don't want that."

Max just wanted to let you all know that he's cool with his helmet. What he's not cool with is the croup that he developed the same day he got the helmet. Needless to say, it has been a really tough weekend for the poor guy. He has done fine with the helmet, its the wheezing and coughing and choking that has him TICKED OFF. Luckily, his dad has it too so we have been chilling together all weekend and are hopefully on the mend in the next few days.

I have to say, I was apprehensive about getting the helmet but my first thought when I saw him was, "dang, that kid is freakin' cute even with plastic all over his head!" He really is. Something I think is cute is that the helmet makes it tough for him to lift his eyebrows - so he has the wicked evil scowl that he gets when he smiles or looks confused. Its so Chucky adorable!

Caitlin is doing well, but was very sad to see her little boy go through so much in one day. Thanks for everyone who reached out and made her feel like she can do this.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Max, you are SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Perfect preparation for ski season...what brand is that? Smith? Bern? Better be blue tooth compatible so Max can stay on top of new tunage - mikey

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

Max is so cute! Hoping both of you get feeling better.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Not a bad idea Smitty. I might be able to at least drill in some holes for mini speakers or earphones.

Liz/Don - so far only worse, but we'll keep you posted.

mandy said...

I agree he is very cute!

Pamsky said...

It confirms that Max is AMAZINGLY cute. He makes anything he puts on look GOOD.

Sarah said...

I agree with pamsky! He is pretty much perfect!

Can he come and play when you guys get back?!