02 May 2010

Hooray for Hannah! Hooray for Spring!

Why is Max dressed up so cute on this spring day? Cause he's been invited to his very first birthday party ever!
Precious Hannah asked Max to come up because she had heard that Max gives boss gifts. Max tried to live up to that name, but only time would tell as Hannah ripped open her bag to check out the prize inside.
What the frizzoodles is this thing?
Seriously mom? Get that crap away from me. Nice Max...try again. Then we heard that Hannah cried when she saw the bike her dad gave her for her birthday, and we didn't feel like the gift was a failure.
Super precious take home gift - Max is now going to grow his very first grass.
Hannah has lots of cute friends, like Caitlin here. We were all invited to go up to the Chicago Botanical Gardens and it couldn't have been a better weekend to go. The weather was great, spring was in the air, and we were psyched.

This is how Max spent most of the day - strapped to my chest. He just recently decided that he doesn't hate the bjorn thing, so we decided to take advantage. Don't worry, I'm not giving him the pinch of death...I'm helping him work his neck muscles.
The Shulls also came up to party. Their daughter's like, "hey, yo, check it. Yeah, I'm cute and you know it."
Like I said, it was a great weekend to hit the botanicals. The flowers were all a bloomin' up in the trees.
It's also a great place for kiddies to explore stuffs...like greenery.
And Japanese gardens.
To climb on all sorts of rocks.
And sniff super big, purple flowers.
And just walk around enjoying nature while flaunting your skinny jeans.
There was stuff growing all over the place. I guess you would expect that at the botanical gardens on May 1st.
The birthday family - always precious, so loved. They know how to throw a party.

Max got so tired and fell asleep. He deserved a nap - too much birthday as the Bernstein Bears have said.



Flowers, flowers everywhere. I guess you would expect that at the botanicals in the spring.
Tulipa Spryng...and people say its hard to understand Latin.
Did Max have a great time at his first birthday party? I think this face says it all.

5 comments:

megan said...

I'm so glad you caught such a perfect skinny jean moment for Hannah. Looks like Max had a great time at his first b-day party! Hannah was a little offended that he slept through part of it, but she'll get over it. I can also tell you that she's liking the blocks :) Thank you!

Michelle said...

What an excellent first b-day party for Maxers!

Beckie said...

So cute!!! you are a great Narrator! I bet bed time stories are a blast at your house : )

Pamsky said...

Oh my gosh. The last photo of Max with his money is PRECIOUS. I can't handle it.

nensaburger said...

Check out that monkey!