13 May 2010

Fueled By Greed

I recently traveled to Houston and chose to purchase a yellow bag of starburst at the airport. I had no idea what kind of food they might have in that strange country of hicks and spurs, so I thought I'd play it safe and have snacks on hand.

As I began to take them out, one-by-one from the bag, I was shocked. Yellow, yellow, orange, yellow, orange, red, orange, yellow. WHERE WAS MY FREAKIN' PINKS??? I recently took a poll on Facebook and pink was by far the most popular color in the yellow Starburst bag. By far. I blew away the competition. Red, the next closest color, was many votes away from the clearly superior pink. So I asked again, WHERE WAS MY FREAKIN' PINKS? Well, they eventually came...but I had already decided that my bag was rigged. So I saved every wrapper. That's right, I saved them all in my back pocket for days so I could count them.
Well, I had equal of each color. I guess I was just fueled by greed.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I just bought a huge bag of Starburst and every time Joseph wants one, I give him orange. Is that mean? It's my least favorite and I just can't sacrifice the pinks, or even the reds (2nd favorite) or yellows (3rd favorite)!

I was thinking about it the other day, why don't they only put a small amount of the other colors and a ton of pinks? Or they should sell the small packs with just pink.

Okay, so I really should not think that much about Starburst, so I'll stop now!

Sparklebot said...

Ew. Pinks are gross. I only care about the oranges.

Side of Jeffrey said...

I'm pretty sure starburst tried entire bags of each color at one point and it failed...or they don't care about our happiness. I like the variety, but lets go 45% pink, 25% red, 15% yellow, 15% orange.

Jana said...

Red is far superior. What's wrong with you people?

Michelle said...

I can't believe there was an equal amount of each color.

nensaburger said...

F pink. My favorite is Red.