22 February 2010

Introductions Part 2

The Mulcocks also love Baby Max. Big D met Max for the FIRST TIME when we went to Idaho a few weeks ago. He took naturally to being a grandpa - loving him and holding him whenever possible.
Caitlin and I really love where Grampees and Papa D live near the Boise river in Eagle. We took many walks with Baby Max to enjoy the 50 degree weather in Boise.
Their neighborhood has calming waterfalls (softened by an extended exposure with my camera) and ducks. What more could you ask for?
Big D was always the navigator for our strolls and lead Max in the ways of good walking. He and Caitlin took the time during those walks to bond.
So much so did they bond that I needed to take this precious couples photo. Cute.
With the sun setting in the west, it was a great opportunity to try some shots with my camera.
I really liked this one.
Then there was the introduction of Max to Unky Mike. At first Mike was very scared of Max, let's be honest. Mike has no experience with babies and a natural fear of babies, which is funny for a man who loves animals so much. But eventually he was prepared to embrace him...and then he was in love.
The men of Grampees life.
We were lucky to be in town during Grampee's birthday! Caitlin and I got up in the middle of the night while we took care of Max to decorate the kitchen with decorations.
Balloons, banners, crete paper, and cards. Don't forget the party style table cloth!
We also had all the siblings and Papa D write their favorite things about mom and then we put them on these paper balloons and hung them all along the banister. 57 nice comments about mom for to read to celebrate her 57th birthday. They were some tender, some fun - all true.
Nice touch.
For mom's bday dinner - we went to the ever awesome Red Robin. Technically we tried to go to Macaroni Grill, but we realized it was the Saturday before Valentine's Day on Sunday in a heavily Mormon town. Yeah, we couldn't get in.
So many options!
Big D got fish and chips, his favorite.
And I got my favorite - the Blue Cheese Chipotle burger. It is so amazing, I miss it so much now that I'm on my diet. Whoa, I'm actually crying as I write this.
Then back to home to celebrate with carrot and red velvet cupcakes with candles.
Mike is so proud of mom for successfully aging.
Let's be honest - she has aged pretty well!
She blew out her candles and I hope her 2010 wish comes true - unless that wish is for me to move to Boise this year and live in her house with Max. That's just not going to happen in 2010.
Mom - we love you!

2 comments:

Sparklebot said...

I am glad Pamsky had such a great birthday, made greater by the presence of baby Max-attax.

When will Unky Stephoin get to meet the Max?

Side of Jeffrey said...

Unky Stephoin comes next week for a week! Hooray! Then the Mulcock cycle will be complete.