09 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This year Jeff and I will be celebrating Mother's Day apart from each other. Sad story right? The good news is that Jeff and I will both be spending this day with our respective mothers. That's right, Jeff is with Pam in Kentucky and Judes is on her way to Chicago as we speak. Let me explain further. We originally planned to both celebrate this weekend in Kentucky with Jeff's family. This is a big weekend in the Mulcock family. Pam graduated this past week with her Masters Degree in Nursing + Mother's Day. Michelle also will be graduating this weekend from Dental Hygiene School + it's her Birthday! Not to mention Big D will also be there and it was his birthday not too long ago. So basically what I'm saying is these people deserve to be celebrated in a big way! While I was unable to make the trip to Kentucky due to my current ailment, I sent Jeffrey armed with lots of presents and love to share.

Now Jeffrey couldn't leave me behind without a plan for someone to take care of me. So what did he do? He tricked his mother-in-law to come stay with his sickly wife and provide all of the TLC that only she knows how to provide. Luckily my mom has been wanting an excuse to come out to Chicago to visit so she agreed willingly and even agreed to bring my sewing machine! YAY! So yesterday we booked her flight and hopefully she'll be here in a few hours. Judes is a real trooper. She woke up this morning at 4am in order to make a 5am shuttle that would take her to SLC by 8am. She has a layover in Phoenix and will hopefully make it to my apartment around 6pm tonight. Thanks Mom! I will try to make your mother's day as special as I can...even if I am in bed the entire day! I hope everyone has a lovely Mother's day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun with mom... but take it easy...i want you to get well!

Side of Jeffrey said...

Mothers...I gosh darn love em.

Amber said...

Wait! Cait! You are sick? Are you ok? I hope nothing too bad.