05 May 2009

Bed time

Since I am spending a lot of time in bed these days and not working, I figured I could go ahead and pick up the slack on this blog considering this might be the third post I have written. Sometimes I'll look at the blog and see that Jeff hasn't written in awhile and think why is Jeff slacking on the blog? Today I realized that since this is supposed to be "our" blog I could probably contribute more myself.

So back to the reason why I'm in bed and not working........

Labyrinth. I love the movie so much that I can't leave my bed because all I want to do is watch Jareth the Goblin King..... or this image of Davie Bowie was the first thing I thought of when my doctor told me that I have Labyrinthitis. Of course Jeff immediately thought that Labyrinthitis would be a cool name for a horror movie. Labyrinthitis, I learned, is a balance disorder that is causing me to feel crazy dizzy whenever I move and if I try to walk I feel like I'm about to fall over. This is also accompanied with nausea. Hence, I'm laying in bed and trying to take it as easy as possible. For someone who hates not being able to move or be productive this has been loads of fun. Now I'm trying to come up with productive things I can do from my bed that don't require any movement. Who knows, maybe I'll get on Netflix and see if Labyrinth is available to watch on my computer.

4 comments:

Jonathan and Carley said...

I am so sorry you are sick! But do you remember that mom wouldnt let us watch that movie because she said it was too scary? I dont think I have seen it since I was seven. You should watch it and let David Bowie distract you from the dizziness (or make it worse). Love you!

Side of Jeffrey said...

It would be a rad movie. Every the person gets dizzy, a character like david bowie comes and tries to kill them through crazy, dream induced ways. Additionally, there is the bulge to be afraid of. It had endless possibilities.

But I wish you weren't sick woman.

M said...

i'm sorry to hear about your illness. hope you are back to normal soon.

btw, i love that you love this movie. because i love this movie too. so much that i even have the soundtrack.

Sparklebot said...

How does one develop Labyrinthitis? Refusing to watch one's baby half-brother? Too much contact with Muppets? The bog of eternal stench?