12 January 2009

White Trash In White Paradise

Sometimes dreams change. One minute I was sitting in front of the mirror shaving with a tissue in my nose soaking up blood (I got a random bloody nose okay...Caitlin did not hit me). The next minute Caitlin is telling me to grow a mustache.
Doesn't seem to make sense? Let me expound. Because of the bloody nose tissue, I didn't shave my mustache and then forgot about it. Caitlin noticed and decided that maybe I should try to grow a mustache. I complied. At first I was very hesitant because I thought I'd look lame. Then I found this picture one day when I should have been paying attention in class:
This is Werner Herzog, my film making idol. He has my dream look. That stache is AMAZING. Now, this picture was taken in the late 70s...but still. P.S. - have you seen Fitzcarraldo??? WOW! So now I have a new dream. Here is how far I have made it:
Not too far in one week, but we'll see. I think Caitlin has repented of her desire for me to have a stache, but I don't know if I can go back now. OH...did you notice how snowy it is in the background? It snowed like 10 inches yesterday. Yari barely made it out! I love Chicago snow.

This is snow all the way up the door.

3 comments:

Don said...

I say you grow it out. Last October, a few work buddies of mine and I all grew out our beards. And on Halloween it made for some crazy beard designs. All in good fun of course.

Ellen said...

Okay, why do I hate Fitzcarraldo so much? So many people love it and it was torturous for me. I could have been in a bad mood.

Go for the facial hair. You'll need all the warmth you can get. I don't think I've been warm since October.

Sparklebot said...

Boys always think it's a fun jaunt to grow stupid mustaches. Girls think it's funny for about 5 minutes and then they remember that it looks stupid and makes you seem like a dirty old man.

I realize I'm just feeding the fire.