25 January 2009

Sorry About My Flirtations

Saturday was dubbed as Indian day (dot not feather). Caitlin and I started the day off at the DMV. Despite arriving well before their closing time, we were informed that if we wanted to get new driver's licenses, we had to arrive at 7:30 am and stand outside for an 1 1/2 hours before they opened at 9am...otherwise you can't take one. Awesome. There were a lot of Indian people in the DMV that day, so we decided to go get the ingredients to make Indian food. We bought some Pani Puris, mostly because the box said the following:

The Ultimate Bombay Snack is Chowpatty Beach's Pani Puri - Spicy Chiled Pani (water) scooped in a Puri, an edible symbol of this flirtations city of exiles and pioneers. Simply follow the instructions and savor the taste of Chowpatty.Don't believe me? There is the box - see for yourself. How could you deny a description that describes the flirtations of exiles and pioneers??? I couldn't - either could Caitlin.

Then we went to Slumdog Millionaire, which we both enjoyed. It definitely had the vibe of Millions, which is fine because Millions is awesome. With a soundtrack including M.I.A., how could I not support? I really want to ask my Indian co-students what they thought of this movie.

Then we went home (while listening to Indian music on our ipods) and made this meal:Do you see the flirtations reflected in these Pani Puris?It was very, very good indeed.This has nothing to do with India, but I wanted to show Michael that we used his guitar ice cube makers that he gave us for Christmas. Rock on Michael!

1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

I had a long discussion about Pani Puri yesterday with my flirtatious exiled husband. I've never tried it though. Looks deelish!