19 December 2011

Life Back in Evanston

So I obviously haven't blogged in a while. It has been quite the transition coming back to Evanston. My new role at my company has been extremely busy and quite daunting in terms of getting up to speed. That combined with a new calling, moving, a broken computer, etc has led to an extreme lack of blogging. But I promise...we have been living. My hope is over the next few days I can catch you up on our world. Let me start by saying that we love being back in Evanston - it really is a place that feels like home. It was wonderful coming back in the fall. There is no season more amazing in Chicago than the fall. Any day we could, Max and I would take a walk to the park down the street from our apartment by Lake Michigan. Sometimes he'd bring his guys (Monkey and Froggy). Occasionally we'd stop to splash in some puddles.This is our new beach (not quite as warm as Fort Lauderdale - but still a beautiful beach). For the first few weeks Max called the lake "ocean" - but he eventually learned that it is called "Lake Michigan" and now can correctly identify it. I think the sand and water helped him make the transition from Florida to Illinois. Seriously, how cute is this kid.Once at the park, it is all slides all the time. The kid loves slides. Look at the smile on that face.More slides. And even the big slides Max will go down alone. He just can't get enough slides.Even when it leads to seriously wet bums in the fall rainy weather. Oh well, small sacrifice for fun.Max is slowly graduating to swings as well...with some trepidation.We started him in the training wheels of swings - the full seat.And it was a hit, but still doesn't touch a slide. Its nice that there are like three parks within a few blocks of our house because Max dug them all season. Can I also say that Max can sport a jean jacket like it is nobody's business?

More to come on Halloween and Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

ahhh.....this made me miss Evanston & you guys a lot! Davis loved those slides too.

Ofelia said...

Your son is soo cute that it should be illegal!!!!