04 April 2010

Lincoln Would Be Proud

Spring we love you. As you begin to warm our bodies, we begin to go out more. It is a heavenly thing - and Max really enjoys not being so bundled up. So last weekend we decided to check out Lincoln Square. While once a Bavarian dream, this neighborhood has been upgrading itself to an ethnic powerhouse. It was time to take a look.We started at the local German grocery store. Was I surprised to see a bounty of wieners? No.
Were people buying wieners a plenty? Yes.
Bienenstich...a delicious European classic. Honey, almonds, cake, wow.
Caitlin likey. In fact, she became very territorial about her new treat. She eyes some birds who are hoping for a few crumbs. Sorry birds...no way.
Oh my gosh. This kid rocks. He loves to explore.
We checked out a local record store and bought a used copy of Sufjan Steven's "Come on feel the Illinoise" which we have been enjoying. Caitlin fed Max in a coffee shop.
Post feeding? Max is always happy.
A local bookstore caught our attention for a while and we got a gift for a friend there.

A nice couple of blocks. Then we decided to go to a bakery about 1/2 mile north of Lincoln Square.
It ended up being more of a place that you buy cakes. We bought pretty much one of everything they had that wasn't an entire cake.
A tasty little collection of goodness.

It did make for good picture taking with our baby boy.
Caitlin and I noticed that we don't have a ton of pictures of her and Max together, so we are going to change that. They look really cute together. Don't you agree?

6 comments:

Heather said...

We were SO CLOSE to moving to Lincoln Square. But I'm glad we moved to Evanston because we really like you guys and your wife makes amazing cinnamon rolls that we can just walk by and partake of. :)

Michelle said...

The last 2 pics of Caitlin and Max are beyond cuteness! Did that one picture say Shelly's Freeze?

nensaburger said...

the smile pic of max is adorable'

Also, nice weiners above

Tamara said...

I love that you are still out exploring, I love that you still post all the time, I love that your little Max is so stinking cute...I just love you guys!! PS, I saw my cover in one of the pics, I am so glad that you are enjoying it:)

Jana said...

Time for a new post....that sausage picture is freaking me out!

And Caitlin-- I wish you guys lived closer too! Maybe someday :)

Pamsky said...

The pics with Max and his parents are beyond everything. The last two I call "Caitlin and Baby Jeff" No kidding.