07 April 2010

Easter With My Peeps (in all its meanings)

When I say peeps - I ain't just talking about the disgusting marshmallow imitators. I'm talking about my people...or at least one person...who joined us for the holiday this year. I'm talking about Trace Face.Tracy came to meet her newest love, Max. I have to admit, Max was extremely fond of Tracy - almost adoring like. She hung out with him for hours and they bonded. The picture above comes straight from bonding moments on Easter morning.
Did you know they now sell egg nog on Easter? They have it hidden in a pink container, but it is without a question the same egg nog at Christmas. In fact, when I drank some I could almost hear the jingle bells. It was odd, but delicious.
Tracy got a summer hat in her basket for her many summer excursions to the beach. New York skin is very white and burnable.
I got me a shirt that says, "Smurfin' It!" in my Easter basket. Awesome! It was the smurfiest Easter gift ever! Smurfette gave it to me.
Our baskets.
After our festivities we headed outside for an absolutely gorgeous Easter morning. I took advantage of the day to take some spring pictures. This has been a very uncharacteristic week in Chicago with 80 degree weather. Usually it is still frickin' coldalicious.
That's Caitlin and Tracy in the far off distance.
Behind dead winter branches sprout blue blossoms of spring. Yes, you can kick me in the crotch for speaking so lamely.
My chicks smile at the camera.
And then there is precious us in front of the homey homes. Seriously, what a perfect day. Conference, Easter, the Risen Lord, candy, smurf shirts, warm air...amazing.
Oh, and let's not forget my boy. So cute. I feel like in this picture he is saying, "yeah...I'm thuggin, so don't front cause I'm straight up gettin' my Easter on."
Mom and son!
Then we went back and Caitlin made homemade cinnamon rolls!
When this woman is working the yeast, she doesn't mess around.
And they turned out with a springy flare. Plus - they were awesome. She included raisins and walnuts.
Then it was back to conference...and maybe I had like 4 cinnamon rolls during one afternoon session.
The only bad part about Easter? Having to watch Tracy say goodbye to Max. He was a little bit in denial, but he'll always remember her goodness to him. We had a great time and hope you all had a very happy Easter.

2 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Great pics and I love Max in that hat! He is so stinkin adorable. Where in the world did you get those amazing Easter baskets? I love that robot one. Don't show Davis he will think Max has a better Easter bunny.

ps...those cinnamon rolls were delish!!

M said...

ditto on max's hat and the easter baskets. they are both adorable.