11 August 2009

Planiterroriam Meets the Mulcocks

Pam, Beesquee and the Bodge came to visit Caitlin and I this last week to learn about the gender of the Poppy (more on that later). When people come, we try to celebrate by eating tons of food until we feel sick and puke. Here is what I mean.Breakfast at Orange in Lincoln Park. Squeebles got eggs and cheese and spinach and such.Bodge got cinnamon roll pancakes of deliciousness.
Me? I got the pancake flight with that day's theme of "chocolate." Dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate - and then one with a mix of all three. Divine.Pam's was my favorite though...eggs with pesto and cheese? What? From there we went down to the Adler Planetarium to learn about space.The night sky exhibit taught us everything we wanted to know about visible constellations in Chicago at 9:30 pm. We were mezmorized!And Squee was OVERJOYED with JOYNESS!
Later we went to astrology school as they did in the days of Galileo.
I was pretty jealous of the outfits they got to where back in astrology school. The cloaks went well with my cut off shorts and toned butt.
Pam and Squee the Tyrants ordered my death for telling them that the world was round. Their ignorance brought to end my short and miserable life as a peasant with extreme universe knowledge.There were all sorts of games to be played to help learn. For example, here I try to determine whether it is going to be a good rainy season in Peru based on the location and brightness of the stars/moons.I was particularly excited to see Atwood's Sphere. I mean, who wouldn't be. Eric, have you seen your sphere?Atwood's sphere was impressive. You can go inside and it simulates what it would be like to see the night sky with all the stars correctly placed.
Pam - what do you see? Are you a Peeping Pam with that gigantic telescope? Needless to say, we learned ridiculous amounts about space. Did you know that Vega is part of the summer triangle? Do you even know what Vega is? Man, you better go to Adler and get yo head checked.
Requisite Chicago photos as taken from the planetarium.

2 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Your family visited in honor of finding out the sex of the baby? Your family loves you more than mine loves me.

kell-bell said...

You guys are killing me, what are you having?? Boy or Girl!! Ahh!

Also, you need to branch out on your brunches, now that you've tried the delicious Orange. M.Henry, Wishbone, Bongo Room & Toast. Let me eat vicariously through you, and the pictures you post!!