25 July 2009

Don't Jump!

So, every once in a while I feel some regret about never ascending the Empire State Building to get that awesome view of NYC. I mean, everyone does it - right? I just never had any interest. I had been to a party on the 90th floor of the Trump Tower on the FDR and felt like that satisfied any craving I had to see NYC from above. But still, I occasionally feel like I didn't do something important.
Well, Don won't let me make that mistake in Chicago. He is just not having it. His sister Amanda was in town this weekend, so they were going to the top of the Sears (Willis) Tower to try out the new skybox window thing that everyone has been raving about. He begged us to come, and came we did.
And here is the view from the top looking north as taken by Don's camera. It was incredible. Absolutely worth it. It has a great museum feel up there, but who cares when really you just want to look at all the pretty lights and buildings.The skybox is basically a panel of glass that jets out about 4 feet above the street level on the 103rd floor. You can walk out on the glass to get a view of what is like floating above the ground. It was awesome, and laying down and looking through the glass was extra trippy.It was raining that night, so our plans to get an excellent picture of us standing out on one of the boxes was foiled!But then we switched sides and no rain drops. Thanks Don for making dreams come true...and allowing regrets to die.

2 comments:

Pamsky said...

What an amazing view! It surpasses the top of the Empire State Building, if I am remembering it correctly.

Michelle said...

I want to try Red Mango sometime in my life!!! I need to make it happen.