03 June 2010

I'd Rather Be At Burger King

"YO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! I'm ready for some food. No, not the boob juice. I'm ready for some real food. You know, rice mushed up in boob juice? Yeah, that's what I want. Give me a chance and I'll make you proud."

How could we turn down that request. Last night we decided to give Max his first chance at solid foods. And when I say solid foods, I really mean 2% more solid then boob juice by mixing in some rice flake things for babies. But he did get to eat from a spoon, so that's pretty adult.
Max watched us eat every night from his bouncy chair on our table, so I think he was fully ready to embrace the spoon. As we put the spoon closer to his mouth, he opened right up and took it and started chewing.
His first reaction was "what the frizzoodles?" But that didn't last too long.
By the second or third spoonful he was leaning in to get more in his mouth - he was so psyched. His little jaw was chomping away. He was taking it in so fast that it soon became apparent we needed to get out a bib.
Which he used to wipe his goobered up face in no time.
This is the face of a very satisfied baby boy. While he'd probably have rather been at Burger King for his first meal, this one was probably easier to digest. To go from boob juice to Whopper in one step is quite the leap.
He ate about half a cup and was done.
Hooray indeed Max - you rock! Congrats on your first spoon feeding dude!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

He is so cute and looks just like Jeff, but more handsome (sorry, Jeff).

Sparklebot said...

Is there any way you BOYS can stop calling Breast Milk "Boob juice?" Because, it makes us ladies feel like cows.

I hope Troubletron is reading.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Don't you know we are trying to be considerate when we say boob juice? Breast milk sounds like a cow. Boob juice makes it sound like you are rocking a two-pack of Gatorade for babies...and Gatorade is a well-respected, well-marketed product. You should be honored.

You know what makes Caitlin feel like a cow? Feeding Max 10 times a day. Using the term boob juice softens the whole experience in a nice way. Caitlin can't get enough.

Side of Caitlin said...

Jeff lies. I am not a fan of the term boob juice. Jeff is the one that can't get enough of the term.

nensaburger said...

Yea that term is pretty nasty. But I have to say the post was making me oddly thirsty

Pamsky said...

My favorite part is the stink eye he gave after the first bite. And as long as we are casting our votes, I am hoping for a more discreet term to replace boob juice.