21 June 2010

ABC, BBD (The East Coast Family)

I am DJ'ing a stake dance this Saturday and I've been working on my playlist. I asked that the stake collect songs that the youth want to hear. One of the requests was:

That Girl is Poison - Don't Know the Name of the Band.

What?

What the Frizoodles?

You don't know the "band" that sings the song Poison? (NOT "that girl is poison")?

I might not play that wicked awesome song just to punish you for not knowing who Bel Biv Devoe is. Geez, what are you people - like 15? Oh wait, yes you are. Forgiven. That song came out way before you were born.

3 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Yes, I had the tape of that song. The single. Remember singles??? Remember where the term b-sides comes from?

reneeebony said...

"never trust a big butt and a smile" certainly a sentiment every teenage boy should learn sooner rather than later!

everytime i hear "poison" it transports me right back to neon bike shorts and tube tops that didnt stay up. oh childhood . . .

nensaburger said...

Did this kid really call them a "band"??? That's what immediately stuck out to me.