03 February 2010

The Great Betrayal

Today I took what may have been the most trusting baby boy on the planet earth and I jaded him by introducing him to betrayal. When Max laid down on the doctor's table, he had know idea that I would be turning his happiness over to a terrible, whore of a woman who would subsequently stab him with her needle of pain.

Despite his innocence, his face quickly showed that he had realized what I had done. Amidst his tears I swear I heard the words, "Damn you father...damn you." Yes Max, damn me indeed. Will I ever be free of the guilt?

5 comments:

Bek said...

you're a real jerk.

TheTaffs said...

Ah guilt. She'll be your new parenting sidekick as will her sisters worry and self doubt. But don't worry. You'd feel WAY guiltier if poor baby Max came down with one of those awful illnesses that those shots will prevent. Welcome to parenthood.

Nicole said...

Welcome to parenthood. And no, you'll never be free of the guilt. You're welcome for the honesty.

Side of Jeffrey said...

Bek, I think the words you were looking for were a-hole or pathetic a-face.

Krista said...

oooooo. I despise those visits. Sometimes I threaten sisi that she has to get a shot if she is naughty. Works every time.