15 February 2010

Blessed Be The Name of Max

Max gone done get blessed yesterday in church. Me, his dad, gave him the baby blessing and I am proud to say that while I was tearful and tender, I did not sound like a blubbering idiot during the blessing and we did not drop him. Success. I think I blessed him to be a Olympic gold winning downhill skier...I think I might be a little caught up with the Olympics right now. After church we rocked a Max focused party at Pam's house.
Lids pays her respects. It was like a wedding reception...we made people line up and congratulate him. But let me pay some respects to the peeps. Caitlin's friend Julie and fam came to party with us. Please note that they are way ahead of us in terms of procreation. Babe, we gots to hurry up if we are going to catch up.
It was Valentines Day, so his cake was love focused. Plus, we love you Max. Red Velvet goodness. We also enjoyed ginger lemon cookies, lemon bars, cherry heart bars, fudge and chocolate covered pretzels. Yeah, I'm a Fat A.
And tender cakes lead to tender moments of men feeding each other. Some of you may not know that Phatwood was once our brother and lived with us in Phoenix. Mike and he reunited to share this moment of cake deliciousness.
Any time Mikey is around, moments of shame are shared and we argue as to which one of us was the "bad influence" on the other. Pam must have been hanging her head in shame in this moment over something Mikey did back in the day, not me.
Carley and Jonathan were ecstatic about Max! And cake.
The ladies and their new favorite guy Max. Lids and Abs - you gals are so cute its scary.
This is why we went to Boise for the blessing instead of Chicago - family. it was great to have both sets of grandparents there.
Mike's new hot hottie of hottness Bree. She rules, particularly because Max loves here and she made me delicious foods. She's awesome and Mike better nab here because she's a hot ticket item.
The ladies. Two beautiful women - you are a lucky dog Max.
And then there are the grandpas. Look closely and you'll see that Max is mad. He was like, "listen, I was an angel during the blessing but I am not going to let you just hold me like this all day dudes. Hands off."
Grandmas with their little boy.
I bought Caitlin our wedding flowers for Valentine's Day as I do every year. Baby boy blue.
And then we started taking pictures of Max in his blessing outfit. Please note that me, Michael and Stephen were all blessed in the same outfit. Max looked adorable in it.
That's my boy.
Here's the full body shot. I loved the blanket that accompanies the outfit.
He gave us bones.
Big D jumped in to take part in the action.
Then I got jealous and had to get in on the action.
And then Mike had to get in on it. Four silly dudes. I love Max's face in this picture. He's like, "really guys? Get over it."
Ham'n it up for the camera.
the parent's and their precious boy. We were so proud of him and the blessing was great. I didn't even drop him!
Mulcocks feelin' pride in the boy. We just couldn't stop taking pics. Thanks to everyone who came to support Max in his blessing. We feel fortunate to have so many people that care about him. We are also so glad to be in Boise for a while to be with family. It has been awesome.

10 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Great pics! Caitlin you look so great! I can't believe you just had a baby! I love seeing pictures of your families. What a beautiful day!

Jeff I'm impressed with your v-day flowers for Caitlin. I think that is really sweet to get her the flowers that were at your wedding. Very sentimental! :)(tell Dennis)

Liz Jessop Wortley said...

Wish we could have been there! Max is a stud and Caitlin looked like a babe! CONGRATS! - Liz

Jana said...

Sad I missed it! Dang RSV.
Bustinsons Bwown.

SweetAbbs said...

Oh guys, what a cutie pie he is!! How fun that you got to do the blessing in Idaho. Idaho is rad!sneb

Side of Jeffrey said...

Jana, if Max gets RSV we are going to hunt you down! Hopefully he has mad white blood cells and shiz. Bustinsen Bwown can do it! Sorry you couldn't make it, but Lills and Ewood represented. I think Lills is a big Limon fan.

Jana said...

I will feel sooooooooooooooo bad if Max gets RSV... I had no idea that Annie had anything serious at that point or else I promise I would have prohibited the visit immediately!! Come on Bustinsen Brown-- you can fight this.

Heather said...

Max is looking so big! So glad you had so much family around. I agree, Caitlin looks great.

Sparklebot said...

Jealous. I haven't gotten to meet baby Max yet!

smith fam said...

So good to see you guys, but I too wish I could have met Max. DANG RSV...

Dave said...

Congratulations to Max and his proud parents! On Tuesday, February 16, we met our new son Logan. We can't wait for Logan and Max to meet each other soon. Sincerely, Dave & Stormy Boyle