04 February 2010

Aunt Beef and Unky Bodge

Hooray for the visit of Aunt Beef and Unky Bodge. This is a picture of Beef as she holds Max for the very first time. As you may know, Max is the first nephew/niece born into my side of the family, so it is monumental. Beef quickly took on the role as aunt, though it took her a while to get comfortable holding Max. She became a pro.
Unky Bodge classically demonstrates his skill as a child-holding dude. Max was like, "oh man, this guy thinks he's the shiz." You can see it in his face.
While holding and loving and adoring Baby Max was the primary purpose of the visit, there was also much time spent relaxing chillaxing in our apartment. Yeah, its a little tough to take Max out much as a 3 week old in 20 degree weather, so we chilled. Aunt Beef demonstrates her ability to relax in this super nice, overexposed image.
But we did get out, so don't judge. We went to Flat Top Grill, which is awesome, for all-we-can-eat Mongolian BBQ.
We love this place, particularly for their roti pancakes. Oh man, I want one right now.
I believe it was a hit with Aunt Beef as well. Please note that she is wearing our Christmas present to her as well. Super cool! Aunt Beef got lettuce wraps to hold her delicious food products.
I completely showered my BBQ with delicious Indian and Thai curry sauces to create an explosion of Asian in my mouth.
We also went to brunch at Orange in Roscoe Village. I definitely took some time to play with my camera while there.
Max went with us on all these excursions, often sleeping in his little car seat. Occasionally we would expose him to the harsh sun and he would recoil like a vampire. Sorry little dude...
We got a delicious flight of pancakes to share, including creme brulee, German chocolate, and pineapple turnover!
Oh man.
Tender shots of Unky Bodge and I were taken in our Christmas shirts from Little and Stephoin.
I love Orange's pesto eggs Benedict. Can you deny that that sounds amazing?
More awesome shots. I like how this shot came out.
But in reality, we spent a lot of time in the apartment loving Baby Max. He absolutely adored his aunt and uncle Nelson.
Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha. I love this shot. Hahahahahahaha oh man it kills me!
Caitlin, don't hide behind your Udder Cover. Motherhood looks good on you.
Stretch it little dude.
Close up of that shot shows how at peace he is in Unkey Bodge's arms. Hallelujah! We were so glad they could come up to join us in Evanston for a few days. Max can't wait to see them again.

2 comments:

Sparklebot said...

I wish Beef and Bodge would come visit me. But, I'm not going to bribe them by having a baby.

You'd like that, wouldn't you!!!!

Pamsky said...

Max is SO OUT in Devin's lap. He is in heaven.But what is going on with Michelle in the picture you love so much? And I love the names Beeps and Bodge (sorry I like Beeps better)