31 May 2011

Starting Memorial Weekend the Right Wei

We had a ridiculously fantastic weekend. This Memorial Day weekend Florida really chose to shine (both literally and figuratively). Friday night after work we knew that it was crucial to start the weekend off right, so we packed Max up and headed out doors.He brought Monks with him because he knew that it would be a delicious evening and he didn't want Monks to miss one moment.Our walk to the car always takes a bit longer then it used to because, well, Max finds interesting things to do along the way - like play with cups and walk up and down wheelchair access ramps.But eventually we made it to our Friday night destination - Pei Wei. Now you Utah folk (and probably a lot of people around the country) already have access to Pei Wei...but we just got our first one. I was kind of excited, until I found out about a special feature that I will explain later.My boy Landon and Mels were in da house with Eli (blocked by Landon's hand). They made some solid choices, including the Pad Thai.Britt, Tyler, Owen, Britt's mom and their 10 day old baby Collette were in da house! They had had Pei Wei before, so they weren't fools and went right to ordering their favorite items.We got a vegetarian thai curry thing that was pretty decent.And a chicken pad thai, which I thought was better than decent and Caitlin thought was just okay. Did you know Caitlin doesn't really like to eat Chinese ever since she had that vertigo episode that lasted a few weeks. We had Chinese during that time and it ruined her forever!Max and I pigged out and I taught him how to use chopsticks. Well, maybe I taught him to use his hands.But here is the amazing part! Crazy rare and custom sodas that come out of a digital soda dispenser! Orange Diet Coke! Lime and vanilla Sprite! WHAT WHAT WHAT??? They had like 11 flavors of crystal light! I mean, could there be a place that speaks to my heart more than this?Finally a brand that realizes the power of good soda. I love you Pei Wei - even if your food is just pretty good. Your sodas will get me every freakin' time. What a way to start a weekend!

4 comments:

jos said...

Hurray I found your blog!!!! You guys are the best and we need to hang out soooooon. Ella and max already have a "thing" going on so we should nourish it and see were it goes???

Brittany said...

YAY for your blog and good soda fountains! I'm stealing some of these pictures for my blog. Thanks for always having your picture handy... you're really great to have around.

T-Fam said...

Looks like you had fun. We love Pei Wei. It is one of our favorite places to eat.

Bek said...

did you like the soda?