02 June 2011

I'm On a Boat

Max is on a boat. Max is wearing his first life jacket. Max is having the best day of his life. On Memorial Day we had a killer day down at the beach all morning and then went back for amazingness round 2 with an afternoon on a boat. Our friends Tyler and Britt co-share a boat with Landon and Mels and they took us out for a leisurly stroll through Fort Lauderdale's miles of water ways.Oh Captain, my captain...why are you such a playa?Britt and Owen are veterans on the boat. Can I comment on how awesome these guys are? Here they are, 12 days after having a brand new baby, and they are on a boat livin' large. I don't think I would even take Max out in a car for a month after he was born.Tyler had to stay mad attentive the entire time as their are currents and thing passages throughout the water ways. It was great to finally be one of the rich people on the water instead of dreaming of it from our cars.Now, based on the pictures you will think that Max did not have a good time. But you are wrong - he had an amazing time. It gave him every opportunity to say all the words he learned from Baby Einstein. This is him pointing to a plane flying by and saying "Plane! Plane! Plane!" He talked about boats, planes, water, dogs, etc. He loved every second even though he had only napped for 15 minutes the entire day.These are the kinds of yachts you see every inch of the miles of river in Ft. Lauderdale. Incredible. Who owns these things and the homes that have docks big enough for them??? The money in the world blows my mind.Seriously - what the freak? Can someone give me some of this cash so I can live large on that boat?Caitlin. How amazing is this mom? We had an incredible weekend, full of sun, surf and sweet goodness. We ended it strong with Five Guys. I think we earned it.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I liked it. Let's do it again soon. Oh and have I mentioned before that I really wish you guys would just stay here? Please?

Heather said...

So glad we've been there and know what you are talking about! I have to say Ft. Lauderdale is way cooler than I thought.

Bek said...

this post made me sad bc maxers looks too grown up.